Railway Infrastructure Construction
Rhomberg Rail, part of the Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group, is a prime contractor and specialist consultancy covering all types of infrastructure concerning railways across the world. Its expertise ranges from railway construction (slab track or ballast track), electrification and machinery to safety and temporary infrastructure. Rhomberg Rail has years of experience in major international projects, which makes us a natural first choice when looking for a competent contractor or partner.
Project management, design and consulting
Rhomberg Rail develops the project scope, performs the design, the planning and prepares everything for its customers in detail, as requested and on time. It makes the most complex railway projects a reality. If you need a competent consultant or contractor for discipline-specific solutions, material logistics and transport on and to site, supply chain management or any other rail-related problem solving – Rhomberg’s the right choice.
Slab track (ballastless track)
For ultimate accuracy, reliability, versatility and safety in track construction, Rhomberg Rail has developed its own slab track system, IVES. But due to the wide range of experience gained worldwide in slab track construction, the company frequently also uses other approved slab track systems, such as Rheda, base plates, rubber boots, etc. Rhomberg has proudly installed more than 600km of slab track thus far across Europe, which proves its natural excellence.
Ballast track and mechanised infrastructure maintenance
Rhomberg’s mechanised machine park for track construction and maintenance represents the latest state-of-the-art technology, and is continuously being modernised. Its extensive fleet is flexible and can be deployed in any given situation.
Electrifical infrastructure solutions
Power supply, telecommunication, electromechanical equipment, control technology, overhead lines (catenary), safety and security systems: Rhomberg Rail specialises in the whole spectrum of electrical infrastructure for railways, including the special challenges posed by substations, tunnels and bridge constructions, ensuring ultimate operational safety and trouble-free maintenance.
Safety and temporary infrastructure
Reliable temporary infrastructure provided by Rhomberg Rail is your guarantee for safety. Rhomberg ensures that all construction sites are supplied with adequate power, lighting, reliable communication systems, safety equipment and fresh air to underground construction sites and tunnels.
In-house technology for railways of the future
Trains of the future are faster, more advanced, efficient and place a higher demand on the track structure. Rhomberg Rail’s innovations, tailor-made solutions and in-house developed technology set the standard for the future. Two of the latest developments are the innovative slab track system, IVES and the technologically advanced slab track-ballast track transition system, V-TRAS.
Other, more established outstanding adjustment and surveying systems used for accurate slab track settings, include the HERGIE and PLASMA systems.
References and flagship projects
Rhomberg Rail’s references and projects include:
- Austria – Brenner Northern Approach – Slab track, mass spring systems and basic infrastructure, signalling, telecommunication and power supply, overhead line equipment (catenary). 01/2009-07/2012.
- Germany – VDE 8.1 NBS Ebensfeld – Erfurt – Electrical infrastructure installations in tunnels and on open line, electrical supply, transformer stations, point heating systems and emergency lighting. 05/2014 – 09/2015
- Sweden – City Tunnel Malmö – Installation of 13,2km slab track (HA-LVT type), 6 sets of of switches and 6 transition sections (Ballast / Slab track). 09/2009 – 04/2010
- Switzerland – Cross-city Link (Dürchmesserlinie) Zürich – Prime Contractor, slab track, electrical installations, safety equipment and signage. 07/2012 – 12/2013
- Switzerland – prime contractor (the complete range of infrastructure, including slab track, electrical and temporary infrastructure) for the Lötschberg Base Tunnel. 10/2002 – 06/2007
- Switzerland – Simplon Tunnel – Construction of cable conduits and door niche, installation of carious safety enhancements in tunnel tubes I and II and furthermore installation of a drainage system and adaption of tunnel inverts and shafts. 03/2012 – 12/2014
Rhomberg Rail has performed some interesting projects across Europe, Australia, Asia and America. Visit the website for more information