The £742 million Edinburgh Glasgow Improvement Project (EGIP) will electrify the Edinburgh to Glasgow main...
IVES stands for intelligent, versatile, efficient, solid. All these characteristics are embodied in this integrated concept, which is based on an analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of various long-term tested slab track techniques.
- Flexibility of adaptation to suit the state of technology available at the installation site through its relatively simple and functional construction: structural layers and elements can be generally constructed on site, wherever run-of-the-mill road-building and manufacture of simple prefabricated units can take place
- Flexibility of tailoring the amount of work involved to suit project resources through a simple step-by-step approach to installation: can be constructed equally well using low-tech equipment or a highly mechanised plant
- Can be used for virtually all types of permanent way (standard gauge, rapid transit, low and high-speed railways)
- The simple design of the structural elements allows individual components to be specifically modified to suit the track configuration
- Greater availability of components thanks to the simple, standardised design of the structural elements
- Universal component design (or any necessary adjustments can be done at relatively little cost)
- High degree of mechanisation is possible due to simple step-by-step installation
- Interruption of construction is no problem, as the installation steps are not time dependent
- Short waiting times between each installation step
- Track under construction can be used for transport purposes at almost every stage of installation
- Early defined point in time when the finished track is capable of supporting loads
- Consistently high-quality
- Efficient, high-grade materials
- Proven materials and components
As a prime contractor, we undertake the full range of railway and track engineering works,...
Rhomberg Sersa is one of the main contractors involved in the modernisation of the Winchburgh...
The Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group (RSRG) continues to grow. In January 2015, company acquired certain...