EURAILTEST A World Leader in Rail Testing and Consulting
Whether you are a rail operator, a rail manufacturer, a transport authority or an engineering company, EURAILTEST can help you:
- Design your tests and make them a real success
- Analyse safety risks by addressing both legal and technical issues
- Find and solve technical dysfunctions affecting operation or maintenance
One of the world leaders in rail testing, EURAILTEST is an independent organisation based in Paris and working closely with internationally recognised certification bodies.
Quality levels required in EURAILTEST laboratories, as well as its recognitions (Eba, Rina, Isarail, Belgorail and Certifer) and its accreditations awarded by independent authorities (like EN17025 awarded by the Cofrac), guarantee the success of your project, wherever it takes place.
EURAILTEST offers a wide selection of tests required for the design, construction and operation of Rolling stock.
Depending on the nature of your project, EURAILTEST can conduct the requisite tests either on fixed rigs (fatigue and vibratory tests, thermal and airflow tests…), on track or on dedicated test loops (dynamic comfort, braking, traction, current collection and EMC).
Seven world-class rail labs
EURAILTEST is coordinating seven experienced labs owned by the French Railways (SNCF) and the Paris Metro (RATP). Relying on EURAILTEST means benefiting from the know-how of more than 400 technicians and engineers working in these labs.
We did it:
- Italy: tests for the approval of the AGV Italo (Alstom Rolling Stock)
- France: tests for the approval of the Avanto Tram Train (Siemens Rolling Stock)
Rail testing: a long-time expertise
Our seven labs have been testing rail equipment for more than 70 years. Whatever your location around the globe, validating your technical solutions and ensuring success in your projects is our goal.
We did it:
- China: metro and high-speed bogies approval
- Netherlands: commissioning tests of the Zuid high-speed line
Ranging from the individual analysis to complete rail tests and measures, EURAILTEST is renowned for its flexibility and its reliability.
EURAILTEST can assist you in many different fields, including rolling stock, infrastructure, rail environment and urban systems.
Our services can be either standard or tailor-made. In either case, they will suit your needs.
We did it:
- Our labs were involved in the world rail speed record of 574.8 km/h in 2007
Consulting from urban rail to heavy rail
With over 100 consultancy missions per year in risk management, your business is in safe hands. EURAILTEST is known for giving the best possible advice addressing technical and legal issues.
We did it:
- Preventing rail corrugation on an urban rail network
- Determining causes of pantograph damage
Every stage of the life of your product
We can provide our clients with complete tests: from R&D, through maintenance to commissioning. This gives worldwide customers a real competitive advantage by making quick and secure tests with only one partner, EURAILTEST.
We did it:
- 2,500km of high-speed lines commissioned by our teams
- 1.6 million kilometres covered by our test trains for infrastructure and rolling stock approval
Urban transport system services
Regarding guided urban transport systems, EURAILTEST offers an extensive range of products and services that help you defend your interests and get the best out of your vehicles and infrastructure.
In addition to technical tests conducted on rolling stock, infrastructure or in connection with the urban rail transport system environment, EURAILTEST has enlisted the support of railway experts, lawyers specialising in transport matters and insurers in order to offer its assistance to industry and local communities, organising authorities and urban transport operators.
Furthermore, as an increasingly large number of systems are used to fulfil critical functions vital to the safety of people and property, EURAILTEST has developed strong skills regarding safety system functional reliability assessment.
EURAILTEST excellent skills in software development methods such as the B-Method, SCADE, software proving, static analysis techniques and software testing facilities have also allowed our labs to contribute to large-scale projects, both in France (SACEM, METEOR, OURAGAN, automation of Paris metro Line 1) and abroad (metro networks in Singapore, Mexico, Barcelona and Algiers).
We did it:
- Driverless CBTC (Paris metro Lines 1 and 14, Barcelona Line 9)
- Driver-assisted CBTC (Paris metro Lines 3, 5 and 13, Algiers metro Line 1, SACEM Paris RER Line A)
- Computerised control rooms (Paris Lines 11, 3b and 1), Rolling stock (Alstom metros MF 2000 and MP05)
Products and Services
Sound Transit’s East Link Extension Project, Washington
From 18 to 21 September 2012 EURAILTEST welcomes you to the international exhibition in Berlin at stand 104, Hall 7.2.a.Read more
The services delivered by the Thermal and Airflow Test Chamber located at Romilly Seine have just been accredited according to COFRAC ISO 17025.Read more