Resilient Wheels for Subway, Light Railway and Passenger Trains
Resilient wheels have an elastic layer between the steel tire and wheel centre.
This elastic layer is comprised of a number of individual rubber or ring elements with precisely matched elasticity and damping properties. The resilient wheels are equipped with external shunts which provide conductivity around the rubber elements.
The divided wheel body facilitates dismantling and refitting of the wheel tire and can even be performed under the vehicle in the appropriate installation situation.
Advantages of resilient wheels include:
- Less cost to change tires
- Will permit heavier wheel load
- Improved ride quality
- Noise reduction
- Reduced unsprung mass
- Tire and track wear reduced and only tire and rubber blocks require replacement at end of the lifecycle
- Reduces ground-borne vibration
- Tires can be changed with the axle in a horizontal position