Railway Mobile System (RMS) supports the work of train crews and improve their communication with the dispatcher and supports managing transport operations in real-time
Increasing requirements of passengers and the dynamic development of the railway transportation sector impose growing operator responsibility for the timeliness and quality of provided transport service.
The idea behind the implementation of mobile communication technology is also to eliminate impractical paper work cards and other documents and to replace the manual verification of them with an automatic and intelligent IT system.
System supports managing transport operations in real-time by the advanced tool:
- Workers always know their current timetables
- Always up-to-date information for vehicle crew: electronic work card, rosters, all dispatcher changes are sent directly to mobile devices
- Dispatcher may communicate with workers via text messages
- Efficient document distribution: workers receive electronic documents to their mobile devices (instructions, resolutions, list of permanent warnings, technical regulations)
- Monitoring the crew: dispatcher can always see worker status and knows who is preparing for work, who is working and who has finished
- Following trains: dispatcher can follow the progress of trains on an ongoing basis using GPS technology