Introducing the new 400R wire and cable.
TE Connectivity is launching the 400R as a new rail-approved wire and cable product for the US market.
The 400R is US rail approved, limited fire hazard, wire and cable compliant to the NFPA 130-2010 standard, meaning that the wire will be approved on most US rail projects.
With TE Connectivity’s polymer and cross-linking technology, the dual-wall jacket insulation is:
- Lightweight and thin-walled for reduced bundle volume and total weight
- Approximately 30% lighter than conventional thick-walled wire, giving significant energy savings to the end user
- Approximately 50% saving in bulk of wire giving more room for the train designer, builder and passengers
- Compliant to US rail standards NFPA 130 and BSS standards, meaning it is suitable to be used in passage trains close to passengers
- Temperature rating 150°C continuous
- Voltage rating 600V, 1,000V, 2,500V
- Robust dual-wall design resists damage and stops notch propagation
- Small size that allows for easy installation
- Good electrical performance from core layer
- Smaller and lighter than bulky CPE
- Good oil resistance
- Reduced operating costs
- Low smoke and fume emissions under fire conditions
- Highly flame retardant
- Meets NFPA 130
- Rail market rolling stock
- Underground metro tunnels
- All signal and power applications for wire and cable in rolling stock and tunnels
- NFPA 130 – 210
- WCD 3114