Control and Communications Systems Design Consultants and Systems Integrators
Since Firstco was established in the UK in 1998 the company has become a leader in the areas of control systems design and integration, technical consultancy and project management, particularly in the rail sector.
Firstco works with a range of blue-chip clients in the UK and abroad. Recent rail projects where we have been responsible for many elements of the design include: London Underground’s Cooling the Tube programme, Crossrail, the Heathrow POD system, Tramlink and the Heathrow Express extension to Terminal 5.
Firstco offers turnkey solutions for systems communications and controls infrastructure on rail projects. As specialists in station and tunnel systems integration, we have teams of expert engineers who are able to design and deliver state-of-the-art technological solutions enabling operators to efficiently, cost effectively and safely run their station.
Typical delivery projects include the design and supply of integrated control systems where a multitude of subsystems, such as CCTV, access control, public address, radio, telephony and PLC / SCADA applications, are all brought together on a single user-interface.
Project management, detailed design and commissioning of rail and tunnels systems
Firstco is heavily involved in developing existing rail lines into new, world-class integrated transport facilities. This includes:
- Providing specialist input for controls and communication systems and systems engineering
- Ensuring the systems requirements of the stakeholders (user, operator and maintainer) are fully understood
- Clarifying the briefs to enable the sub-project teams to move forward with their definition and detailed designs
- Assisting in interfaces with specialist client and supplier systems teams and the existing rail stakeholders (train operating company and Network Rail)
- Supporting and facilitating progress of the sub-project teams by aiding communication and identifying possible solutions
- Designing, commissioning, testing and project managing the delivery and integration of station and tunnel control systems into a single control room
Control room design and systems integration
Firstco has extensive experience in control room design, systems integration and control room relocation. By fully engaging with the client and operating staff, Firstco can apply its considerable expertise to the technical and planning aspects of the project. Furthermore Firstco designs all aspects of the communications infrastructure, desk and video wall layout.
The designs are required to be flexible and maintainable. Allowing for easy upgrade and future-proofing enables operators to have full control and monitoring of all sub-systems via a single fully integrated workstation.
- Control rooms
- Cable and space
- SCADA and PLC networks
- BMS and HVAC controls
- Energy saving
- Passenger information displays
- Public address / voice alarm
- Fire detection
- Access control
- Intruder detection
- Wireless communications
- Fixed line voice communications
- Data communications
Value assured engineering
Firstco offers clients an alternative method of systems procurement and delivery. By separating out the three primary elements of a typical large systems project and applying individual expertise to each of these, a more commercially focused solution can be obtained.
The three primary elements are engineering design, assurance / compliance and cost management. By forming a team drawing expertise from each of these disciplines Firstco enables the client to realise huge potential savings in overall delivery costs.Firstco is able to use the equipment best suited to any job and therefore always provides scope for cost savings, as well as ensuring that the integration is seamless.
Firstco Middle East and Firstco Mauritius
Following demand for high standards of engineering and relationship management, Firstco has recently opened a Middle East regional head office in Oman. Firstco has also set up offices in both Dubai and Mauritius to benefit clients in the rail, airport and BMS sectors.