NDT Technologies, Inc. of Montreal, Canada, has commissioned fully integrated automated testing and measuring system for long rails.
The system is designed to inspect for flaws and provide dimensional information according to International standards for 52kg and 60kg rails.
The system features:
- Rail burr security gate
- Rail surface cleaning station
- Rail-Laser for evaluation of horizontal and vertical deviations
- Eddytron(™) eddy current system for detection and evaluation of surface flaws
- Sonotron(™) ultrasonic system for detection and evaluation of internal flaws
- Flaw marking system
- Automated bar coding of inspected rails
The system has been designed and built to operate under severe temperature environments and to provide on-line rail quality monitoring of 100m long, newly produced rails at average speed 1,5m/sec.