The Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group (RSRG) signed the contract for the construction of the third section of the city railway at Bergen, Norway in December 2013.

The lead contractor for the project is Rhomberg Rail, which is in charge of managing the project. The execution will be carried out in close cooperation with Sersa Germany. "In this project, Rhomberg and Sersa can join forces and make best use of the synergy effect following the merger", say Dirk Diederich, managing director of Rhomberg Rail and Rainer Kersten, managing director of Sersa Germany.

The Bergen project includes the construction of around seven kilometres of two-track tramway line to Bergen airport and 6km of track in the depot, which will be used for the maintenance of track vehicles. About 90% of the track will be constructed with ballast and the remaining 10% in slab track construction. Work started in April 2014 and is scheduled for completion in summer 2016.