The UDS2-77 ultrasonic single rail flaw detector is a handpush cart intended for the inspection of one rail line. The product is manufactured in nine modifications and can employ either Slide Search Unit or Roller Search Unit, and contain from 3 to 13 UT probes.
The flaw detector utilizes a unique scanning scheme that allows testing the entire rail section, except for foot flanges, by pulse echo, echo-shadow and echo-image techniques.
Both mechanics (the cart) and electronics (the software) of the UDS2-77 are ergonomically designed, have a user-friendly intuitive interface, as well as they are resistant to severe weather conditions that may occur during operation on a railroad.
- Weight of the cart is 16 kg only.
- Modular design of the cart consists of a support frame with adaptive rollers; electronic unit for control and visualization; multichannel unit (MUX); battery pack; couplant (water) tank; probe units; suspension mechanism of the probe units to place them into operation/transportation position; encoder.
- The position of the electronic unit for control and visualization can be adjusted along three axes
- The probe unit (slide or roller) is positioned cross-wise to the rail with the aid of a dedicated control device
- The probe unit can be centered using the adaptive roller
- The suspension mechanism of the probe unit ensures a stable coupling if the cart is tilted for up to 15°
Probe units can be of two types:
- The UDS2-77 flaw detector employs contact probe units of conventional type with both standard and specialized probes.
- The probe units are made from wear resistant plastic material, with hard-metal inserts on the working surface.
The slide probe units comprise the following probes:
|Probe unit №1:||Probe unit №2:|
|0° probe — 4MHz||4х58°х34° probe — 2.5MHz|
|70° probe — 2.5MHz (Forward)||70° probe — 2.5MHz (Backward)|
|4х58°х34° probe — 2.5MHz||2х45° probe — 2.5MHz (Forward/Backward)|
1. One 4 MHz probe, 00 refracted angle is intended for inspection of the entire rail section by height in the web projection, for the presence of internal defects and laminations. This probe enables two testing techniques: pulse echo and echo-shadow.
2. Two 2.5 MHz probes, 700 refracted angle of (one of them emits along, and another — across the trolley movement) are intended for inspection of the central part of the rail head, for the presence of mature transverse defects.
3. Two 2.5 MHz probes, 450refracted angle (one of them emits along, and another — across the trolley movement) are intended for inspection of the entire rail section in the web projection, for the presence of internal defects, as well as for inspection of bolt holes for the presence of star-type defects.
4. Eight 2.5 MHz probes, 580 refracted angle that are turned by 34° in relation to the rail axis. The probes are placed in two cases, with 4 piezoelectric-crystal plates each. These probes enable pulse echo and echo-image techniques and are intended for flaw detection across the entire rail head.
- Representation of test results in the form of A-scan, multi-A-scan, B-scan for all channels
- Real-time display of test results in the form of B-scan
- Data recording and saving (operator’s name, line, direction, track number, left/right position, initial track coordinate, date, time, final track coordinate)
- Screenshot saving (PrintScreen)
- Saving of test results in the form of data array (B-scan) to the internal memory
- Use of USB flash drive for transmitting test results to PC
- Availability of measuring gates in A-scan & B-scan modes
- Post-viewing of test result on the flaw detector with the possibility to measure conditional sizes of defects
- Possibility to put the track markers (eg Bridge, Crossing, Bolt hole)