The ETS2-77is intended for the mechanised inspection of rails and switches, as well as for the confirmation of grinding application results. The device is capable of testing a wide range of rail profiles.
- possibility to control the rail track and the track switch
- selective control of the separate rail track areas
- post grinding machines control
- all main rail profiles control Р50, Р60, 49E1, UIC 60 and others
Lightweight and compact
The weight of the assembled flaw detector does not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs).
Overall dimensions of the assembled flaw detector are not more than:
- width – 900mm
- length – 1730mm
- height – 350mm
The ETS2-77 flaw detector is a folding structure, which can be transported as it is assembled in a stowed position.
- Aluminium base frame
- Eddycon D – multichannel eddy current flaw detector
- Scanning modules with eddy current probes (ECP)
- Software for test data input, storage and processing
- Reference block
ETS2-77 intended use
The ETS2-77 is intended for the mechanised inspection of rails and switches, as well as confirmation of the results of a grinding application. The device is capable of testing a wide range of rail profiles.
The eddy current technology enables localising the following surface defects:
- progressive transverse cracking (International Defect Code (UIC) 211)
- fissuring/scaling at the gauge corner (International Defect Code (UIC) 2223)
- shelling of the gauge corner (International Defect Code (UIC) 2222)
- wheel burn (International Defect Code (UIC) 225)
The eddy current rail inspection equipment ETS2-77 is capable of evaluating the vertical depth of the defect, thus allowing more efficient management of rail defects. The inspector can easily decide on the defect removal method, grinding, milling or re-railing, which saves time and money.