View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
October 24, 2011

Bombardier to supply rail cars for Maryland

Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) in the US has signed a $153m contract with Bombardier Transit to supply 54 multilevel rail cars for the MARC commuter train service.

Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) in the US has signed a $153m contract with Bombardier Transit to supply 54 multilevel rail cars for the MARC commuter train service.

The new rail cars will be used to replace ageing cars as the MTA plans to retire 38 older rail cars and expand the fleet by 16 cars.

The US government is expected to fund 80% of the amount while the remaining 20% will be funded by Maryland Transit Administration.

The new rail cars will be procured on the back of an order by New Jersey Transit to reduce the procurement time which will reduced from nine months to a year from the bid solicitation process, according to baltimoresun.com.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The railway industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Railway Technology