Soanar supplies the rail industry with an extensive stock range of certified standard products and manufactured electrical and electronic products. Our customers include:
- Rolling stock manufacturers
- Overhaul and maintenance providers
- Signaling and control system integrators
- Related infrastructure builders and tier manufacturers
Our core business is supplying rail-certified power, interconnect and display products. Together with our related products, we are able to deliver cost-effective system solutions, such as custom sub-rack assemblies, cable harnesses and assemblies.
Power supplies for harsh environments
We offer a growing range of state of the art power supplies designed specifically for harsh environments. Backed by a team of dedicated power specialists and experienced design and manufacturing partners, we provide standard, modified and custom products.
Soanar’s power supplies feature:
- 20W-1000W EN50155-certified DC / DC converters
- 30W-1000W battery chargers
- 1000W-18000W 19in rack mount SMPS and monitoring systems
- 15W-3000W enclosed SMPS
- 7W-320W LED drivers
- 100W-3000W true sine wave inverters
Interconnect solutions for the rail industry
Soanar is partnered with key rail-approved manufacturers, such as TE Connectivity, Harting and Glenair. With our local team of product specialists, we have an extensive stock range to meet the most demanding requirements associated with the rail industry.
Soanar’s interconnect solutions feature:
- Industrial power and data modular connectors
- Circular military connectors, including MIL-DTL-5015 reverse bayonet
- IP-rated circular plastic connectors
- Raychem halogen-free rail-certified cable
- Rail-certified Ethernet connectors and cordsets
- Fully-tested custom harness and cable assembly manufacture
- Halogen-free rail-certified cable identification / labels
- Highest reliability AMP and Utilux terminals, lugs and splices
- Raychem rail-certified heatshrink
- Cable protection systems
- Agastat timing relays
- Hand, power and hydraulic tooling
Embedded displays for drivers and passengers
Soanar has products suitable for applications such as:
- Driver control
- Driver advice
- Passenger information
- Data acquisition
- Security capture
- Infotainment applications etc.
Technical product application support is available via our in-house Microsoft-certified engineers.
Soanar’s displays and embedded PCs feature:
- 2.6in – 50in LCD sunlight / daylight-readable displays, 4:3, 16:9, 16:6, including EN50155
- 5.7in – 19in rugged IP-rated panel PC, including EN50155
- Open-frame touch LCD display
- ELO touch solutions
- Single-board computer and industrial motherboard
- 19in industrial chassis PC
- Embedded system box PC, including EN50155
- Standard, modified and turn key solutions
Rugged electronic and electrical enclosures
For more than 20 years Soanar and Schroff have worked together to provide reliable and secure protection of electronic systems in rail applications that withstands strict railway safety regulations and complies with international certification. We are able to offer a full solution for both trackside and onboard requirements.
For compact rugged solutions, partnered with Rolec, we offer high-quality, heavy duty, electronic and electrical enclosures that are available in powder-coated die cast aluminium, extruded aluminium, glass-fibre-reinforced polyester (GRP), ABS and polycarbonate ingress protection to IP65, IP66, IP67 and IP69K. Custom machining and screen-printing services are available, as well as a wide range of accessories perfectly suited to the harsh environment of rail.
Soanar’s enclosures feature:
- 19in EN50155-certified sub-rack assemblies
- 19in EN50155-certified cabinets
- 19in outdoor cabinets for trackside applications
- Wall-mount enclosures
- IP-rated die cast aluminium
- IP rated die cast extruded aluminium
- IP-rated glass-fibre reinforced polyester
- IP-rated ABS
- IP-rated polycarbonate
Rail-approved industrial communications devices
A dedicated engineering team will help you with the design of your rail communication system. Whether it is for harsh environment EN50155-certified local access points for train positioning or networking devices for surveillance on-board rolling stock via industrial ethernet, Soanar has partnered with Harting for rail-approved communication devices to meet your networking requirements.
Soanar’s industrial communication devices include:
- EN50155 wireless access point
- EN50155 cellular VPN router
- EN50155 device server
- EN50155 Ethernet switch
- EN50155 PoE Ethernet switch
- Gigabit / PoE Ethernet switch
- Standard, modified and custom solutions
Soanar is proudly a 100% privately owned company founded in 1963. We have 49 years of experience manufacturing and distributing power, interconnect, display and related products with a dedicated focus on the rail industry.
Our headquarters are in Sydney, Australia and our team of over 100 staff operates from offices located throughout Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and China.
Our logistics is networked across Asia Pacific from warehouses in Sydney, Auckland, Singapore, Penang and Bangkok. Our Specialist marketing, engineering and sales divisions are structured to address specific customer and product requirements.
These divisions deliver higher levels of focus, support and expert knowledge.
Our Services include:
- Application and product specific technical engineering support
- Sub-assembly capabilities
- Custom power supply solutions
- Custom interconnect and intelligent cable assemblies
- Custom enclosure and racking solutions
- Custom display and embedded system design and integration
- Touch screen integration
- Industrial networking design and commissioning support
Soanar prides itself in giving the best customer service experience as proven by testimonials from top clients such as Alstom Australia. “Soanar (together) with their manufacturing partner Grau Elektronik) was the only supplier to offer a fully compliant product, at a competitive price, and commit to deliver in time for us to meet our contract obligations. Mr Mathew Nadge from Soanar was the key driver behind one of the best customer service experiences that either of us has witnessed in our careers. We have no hesitation in recommending Soanar as a reputable supplier and so far their products have fully met our expectations.” – Stephen Ward, Engineer & Design Manager, Alstom Ltd – Australia.