AEG Power Solutions
Power Systems for the Railway Industry
AEG Power Solutions has more than 60 years experience providing robust and rugged power to the railway industry. We are a leader for dependable and reliable systems and offer a complete range of world-class AC and DC power systems which protect and control products and have more than a 20 year lifetime. We deliver the industry-leading systems you need to protect your production process, to ensure optimal uptime and to deliver maximum return on your investment by reducing lifetime costs.
AEG Power Solutions serves all end-customers, from national rail companies to intermediaries such as design and construction companies. AEG Power Solutions provides support throughout the whole project life cycles from preparation of specifications (front end engineering and design), product delivery and installation, to testing, commissioning, after sales service and maintenance.
Power systems for the rail industry
For onboard, trackside, infrastructure and signalling, AEG Power Solutions offers an optimised portfolio of :
- UPS (0.3kVA – 1.0 MVA)
- Inverters (2 – 160kVA)
- Chargers/rectifiers (5A – 2000A) and DC systems
- Power controllers up to 6000A
- Modular industrial power supplies
- Solar systems
- Switch mode power supplies
Our products serve applications such as:
- Navigational aids
- Fire and gas detection systems
- Data processing
- Radio and telecommunications
- Emergency lighting
- Emergency shutdown
- ESD systems
- Fire fighting
- Instrumentation and process control
The Protect RCS DC system (SPRe/TPRe) has been developed and designed to provide high reliability power supply and battery charging capability.
The Protect RCS DC system is a thyristor-controlled rectifier suitable for charging nickel-cadmium or lead-acid batteries while supplying DC loads. It can also be used without batteries as direct power supplies.
Complete modular railway power solutions
The Protect MIP offers a new way of achieving reliable and cost-efficient protection for all railway applications. A modular and scalable design with hot-swappable rectifier modules assures low mean-time to repair, reduction in the service cost and meets changing needs and future expansion.
Available with three rectifier configurations in wall mounted cabinets and nine rectifier configuration in stand alone cabinet, it is suitable for charging many types of lead or nickel-cadmium batteries. It can also be used as a direct power supply without batteries.
AEG’s online double conversion UPS system
AEG’s brand new modern Protect 8 is a true online double conversion UPS, with low maintenance cost, reduced operating costs, air conditioning requirements and battery Ah requirements.
Operating by high and constant efficiency even at low output power, Protect 8 offers high reliability (no potentiometers), high flexibility (software controlled parameters) and fast dynamic response by full digital control and high overload capacity.
The Protect 8 also offers:
- On-line operation ensures permanent service
- Microprocessor-driven control and command system provides reliable power supply
- Battery management system boosts battery life and cuts operating costs
- Broad range of output power ratings, battery autonomy times and options meet complex industrial application needs
- High level protection for users and connected equipment (high intermittent overload capacity, high level short-circuit strength)
Unique modular building-block UPS configurations:
- Single systems
- Parallel systems
- Asymmetrical rectifier and SBS power for special battery configuration
- Customised input/output voltages