GITEX - the biggest tech show in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia...
The Metropolitan Transport Authority (ZTM) is the biggest transport organiser in Poland.
ZTM serves the area of 56 cities and municipalities, in the territory of 2,500km², connecting the most important centres of the Silesian Voivodeship. Every day 1,500 buses, trams, and trolleybuses run in the area of Silesia. 460 lines serve 7,000 stops, travelling more than 100 million kilometres a year.
DYSTEN became the general contractor of the Passenger Information System development project in the ZTM area.
The scope of work included:
- 460 Dynamic Passenger Information Boards
- Thanks to Passenger Information Displays, passengers can see e.g. the actual vehicle departure time from stops, can learn significant news on the urban transport, or the information on the air quality;
- Passenger portal
- The Passenger website – sdip.metropoliaztm.pl displays data in real time – which means that the arrival time of every bus, tram and trolleybus at each stop is precisely specified. Any factors that cause the delay (traffic jams, weather conditions) are automatically recalculated and the information is made available to commuters with proper correction.
- Mobile application
- Mobile app M2GO info will help passengers plan trip. Application present the location of vehicles and stops on the map. It allows check the actual time of departure of vehicles from the stop and searches for connections.
- Traffic Control System
- System was installed in the Traffic Management Centre for effective management of the urban transport.
All of the nearly 30 million passengers a month have easy access to travel information – both tech-savvy and having no access to the Internet.
DYSTEN company is a producer of passenger information displays for smart cities and railways. If you need support on the passenger information system, we are here to help. Contact us.
The EU has designated 2021 the "European Year of Railways" in an attempt to promote...
The Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) financial instrument supports investments oriented towards European infrastructure-related networks, namely...
The Dysten company has joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs project 'Polish Smart City'. The...