Train passengers and business travellers in particular expect excellent mobile reception. This includes perfect voice quality, no dropped calls and easy data transmission.
The COMLAB InTrain repeater solution perfectly compensates for the high signal loss caused by modern train vehicles, which are very well-insulated with special thermally-insulated glass. It was specifically designed for extremely challenging use on high-speed trains.
With the operator-specific and automatic gain-trailing, the COMLAB repeater system manages the rapidly changing outdoor signal levels of the various networks, and ensures an even and strong level of reception within the train. Even while travelling from one country to another, it still provides gapless coverage.
The COMLAB InTrain repeater solution offers the following benefits:
- Highly modular and expandable
- Operator-specific automatic gain-trailing
- Several technologies combined in one communications system
- Integrated GPS for geo-switching and localisation
- Compact design
- Cost-efficient: one single COMLAB InTrain repeater provides gapless coverage in up to four double-decker coaches
- Complies with all the requirements of telecommunications equipment for railway application
COMLAB offers multi-band repeater and off-air repeater components, as well as radio cable systems (leaky feeder cable and antenna).