The JV Rail joint venture of Fulton Hogan and John Holland Australia has secured an NZ$49m ($34.05m) contract from KiwiRail to upgrade the overhead electric line system of the Hutt Line.

The scope of the contract includes the 38km refurbishment of overhead wires and the replacement of 1,278 timber poles with steel masts.

Fulton Hogan and John Holland Australia will carry out the upgrade works, as part of the contract.

The project is scheduled for completion by 2021.

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has secured a $703.6m grant from California Transportation Commission (CTC) through the SB-1 tax and transportation funding programme.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
“Designated as TMH Traction Systems, the JV will produce 200 inverters a year at Transmashholding’s Metrowagonmash manufacturing facility.”

The secured funding will be used to support the Airport Metro Connector 96th Street Transit Station Project, Global Freight Gateway: Southern California Rail Project, and other transportation projects undertaken by Metro.

The latest grant brings the total funding secured by Metro to $1.8bn.

Ethiopian Railways has opted for the technology of Smiths Detection to safeguard the infrastructure on a rail link between Ethiopia and the port at Djibouti.

The technology vendor will deploy 39 scanners at 16 major stations on the line to prevent threats.

The installed scanners will be used for the high-speed screening of baggage, cargo and other luggage.

The scanners installation is expected to be completed by July 2018.

JSC Transmashholding (Transmashholding) has signed a strategic agreement with Hitachi to create a joint venture (JV) in order to facilitate the production of traction inverters for passenger trains in Russia.

Designated as TMH Traction Systems, the JV will produce 200 inverters a year at Transmashholding’s Metrowagonmash manufacturing facility.

The JV will also provide maintenance services to the developed inverters.

Transmashholding will hold a 51% stake in the JV, while the remaining 49% stake will be owned by Hitachi.