Download this free white paper to find out more about Vortok's rail products, which include track mounting solutions, modular magnets, decision support and rail-stressing systems.
Vortok creates unique solutions to track maintenance, signalling and stressing problems. For over 20 years they’ve been designing award-winning solutions for clients with particularly tough challenges.
The focus on quality, safety and cost is why companies like Network Rail, Deutsche Bahn, Siemens and Thales choose Vortok to design and manufacture rail engineering technology. Vortok supplies over 100 products, all designed to increase productivity, reduce possession times and improve railway and worker safety.
Rail stressing products
A range of internationally acclaimed rail stressing products, including:
- Vortok stressing rollers: 44% reduction in installation and removal time. Lasting ten times longer than conventional under rollers
- VERSE: the only internationally accredited and accurate way of measuring stress free / neutral temperature. Costs less than 5% of a traditional cut, measure and reweld
- Stressing gauge: saves time and money, is quick and simple to use and suitable for all rail profiles and stressing jobs
- Vortok measure and detect: continuously and accurately monitors stress free / neutral temperature, rail core temperature and strain. Low cost and no possession time
A focus on operational efficiency and reliability has resulted in a high quality, cost-effective product range, including:
- Balise / transponder mounting system: possession not required for installation, reduces maintenance time and extends the life of sleepers
- Vortok measure and detect: low cost multi-function sensor suitable for axle counting, train speed and direction verification
- AWS magnets: a robust, low-maintenance range of magnets that can be installed in minutes
- Cableguard: quick-to-install solution that prevents cable damage between the sleeper and rail, particularly during tamping and other maintenance activities
Track maintenance products
Vortok’s rail track maintenance products are known for reducing or eliminating possession times and increasing workforce safety. They include:
- Vortok safety barrier: safer working, higher track speeds and lower possession times
- RotorRail switch rollers: eliminate the need for possession time and the need for maintenance
- Vortok measure and detect: sensing technology is used for wheel flat detection, bogie hunting, stress free / neutral temperature monitoring, core rail temperature, strain monitoring of rail, bridges and ground disturbance
- Vortok coil and wedge: the internationally proven method of repairing loose screwspikes which requires no possession time
Awards and accreditations
Vortok is proud to have acheived awards and accreditations, including:
- 2011- Level one status (outstanding) awarded by Siemens: balise / transponder mounting beams. The highest level of accreditation given by Siemens Transportation
- 2010- Queens Award for Industry in the Innovation Category: this globally respected award recognises achievements with the Vortok stressing roller
- 2010- Level Q1 status with Deutsche Bahn: the highest quality award German railways can give for product supply. Vortok has held this status for over ten years
- 2008- National Rail Awards – Innovation of the Year: recognises the Vortok stressing roller for its contribution to process improvement and worker safety
- 2002– Alstom Innovation Award in Safety: recognises the contribution of the Vortok safety barrier system to workforce safety and security
Vortok International will be exhibiting at InnoTrans 2016 at the Messe Berlin between 20-23 September.
Vortok has successfully installed a Multisensor based combined rail stress and wheel condition monitor for New York City Transit in Brooklyn, NY.
Vortok International, the technically advanced company which received a 'Railway Oscar' in 2008 for its clever engineering, has won another and much coveted award. It is to be presented with The Queen's Award for Innovation. Vortok's team of 20 has developed equipment and products fo
Vortok International, a leading manufacturer of permanent way equipment for railway maintenance companies, is searching for a professional sales / marketing executive with overseas sales experience and good people-management skills. This is a first-class opportunity to join a successful and fas
Vortok International has been appointed as the UK and Ireland distributor its for its sister company, Rosenqvist Rail of Sweden (which was recently acquired by the Pandrol Group). Vortok will be supplying a range of clipping machines, sleeper handling equipment, road-rail converters and rail
Vortok International, a Plymouth company, has won this years prestigious Award for Innovation at the 2008 National Railway Awards, known as the “Railway Oscars”. The Roborough-based company has developed a device to assist in the vital stressing of rail to ensure it is safe in extremely
SNCF in France have purchased their first set of VERSE® equipment from Vortok International. VERSE® is used for measuring the neutral temperature by truly non-destructive means in 11 countries and by 26 different railway companies worldwide. Accurate management of neutra
Vortok International will be exhibiting at Nordic Rail, 7th - 9th October Jonkoping, Sweden. On show will be Rotorrail with the latest news and developments from the successful installations on Stockholm Metro. Verse equipment will be demonstrated on the stand. A 3rd unit is shortly t
Vortok International is pleased to announce its Lightweight AWS Magnet is now fully approved by Network Rail. Developed and tested in the UK, this product is a huge step forward from existing methods. The Vortok Lightweight Magnet offers significant savings in installation times. The
Recently, the Vortok Safety Fencing that was set up to protect staff working in the Great Western area where it possibly saved a man’s life. The Amey-SECO track worker tripped when his boot laces caught in an exposed wire and he fell towards the fence just as a train was passing. The