Rail Operation Management Systems
Telvent has 40 years of experience developing, deploying and supporting complex transportation management solutions worldwide. The company offers a proven track record of providing intelligent transportation solutions tested in some of the world’s most complex and congested markets. These comprehensive, flexible solutions help you to streamline rail operations, enhance safety and security, protect the environment and improve your bottom line.
Single, real-time rail-facility information platform
The Telvent SmartMobility™ rail suite integrates all rail systems and subsystems into a single platform that maximises operational efficiency. The system provides real-time status information on all rail facilities through a consolidated platform, enabling managers to:
- More effectively and efficiently manage and coordinate train arrival/departure and cargo handling to maximise throughput
- Provide superior service and assistance to trains moving across the system
- Avoid accidents by monitoring movements in real time
- Develop realistic simulations for training and emergency planning purposes
Tailored rail-facility information system
The Telvent SmartMobility rail suite can be configured to meet your needs, whatever the size of the rail network you manage. The suite offers four modules, each of which is available separately for tailoring a system to your unique specifications.
Centralised rail traffic-management system
When you need efficient management of the systems, activities, assets and users at work on your lines, Telvent SmartMobility Rail Traffic offers a flexible, robust solution that increases network traffic capacity, improves traffic regularity, reduces risk by managing emergency situations in real-time and rationalises railway operations. It offers advanced, centralised traffic management for any railway network, combining your systems into a centrally controlled platform.
- Train identification and position tracking – displays train identification and position in real time; interoperability allows the exchange of information between traffic control centres, even those managed by different agencies
- Automatic route setting – provides routine settings for circulation conditions defined by the operator; detects differences in scheduled times and establishes traffic priorities based on the current traffic situation
- Estimated time of arrival – estimates arrival times depending on current conditions and train locations
- Planning tools – off-line tools to develop new traffic plans and analyse their results before implementing them
Other important modules include simulation tools, signalling device management, shunting control, speed control, alarm management and reports, emergency response management, and maintenance management.
Station control systems and communications networks
Telvent SmartMobility Rail Station enables you to create a complete central office from which you can control and manage rail station systems and communications networks. You can also take over control of an individual station when needed. The system manages implementation of maintenance plans and handles emergency situations in real time to increase rail station safety.
- Passenger / traveller information system – increases public comfort and safety by obtaining and posting real-time traffic information on display panels and public address systems
- Planning tools – uses off-line tools to develop energy efficiency and emergency plans
- Electromechanical facilities in stations – improves efficiency by controlling individual station infrastructure from your central office
- Maintenance management – allows you to stretch your resources by performing preventive and corrective maintenance planning
Other important modules include emergency response management, intercommunication / public address systems, alarm management and reports, access control systems, security management systems, station power-management systems, and a simulation tool.
Rail fare-collection management systems
Accuracy in fare collection represents a crucial component of your business success. Telvent SmartMobility Fare Collection ensures fast and accurate fare collection to maximise customer satisfaction while ensuring smooth passenger flow. Integrate on-site field equipment with management software to manage your network at all points.
The system offers three sub-modules — station management, central management and fare integration — which enable you to issue a single ticket for different modes of transportation, such as buses, trains and taxis. It allows you to configure fare policies, control card/ticket stock, track customers, manage reporting and integrate retailers.
Light-rail signal, traffic, energy, fare and station management systems
Simplify light-rail global management by integrating signal priority, traffic management, energy control, fare information and station management solutions. This advanced transportation management system increases efficiency while improving safety and reducing delays and risk.
Modules for this system include light-rail traffic management and regulation, light-rail station management, power management, communication, fare collection management (single ticket for different transportation modes), priority systems and passenger information systems.