Three years ago, it was in deep distress. Today, it is a flourishing business again, specialised in stainless steel processing. Kugel Edelstahlverarbeitung has streamlined its product and customer portfolio, invested heavily in new machinery and has therefore managed the turnaround. Covering the
Kugel Edelstahlverarbeitung is a leading sheet-metal processing specialist which designs high-grade stainless-steel train galleys and fittings.
Engineering and production of stainless-steel galleys
As a system supplier we support our customers all the way from initial design to final assembly. Our main application areas are engineering and production of galleys in the transportation industry. We see ourselves as our customers’ partner and ensure a continuously high quality with regards to material and processing thanks to our long-standing experience and expertise when it comes to stainless steel.
As one of Germany’s leading companies for professional bar systems, we’re able to use our production expertise and the resulting excellent finishing quality in a very flexible way – resulting in a long product life and many other value-added features of our products
Galley equipment and fittings for railway galleys
As a system supplier for the transport industry, Kugel is aware of our international clients’ high standards.
We plan, develop and manufacture complete galley equipment and fittings for rail vehicles. Our welding experts are certified under DIN 15085 for work on rolling stock are able to fulfil the stringent requirements of the international rolling stock industry.
Our particular expertise in special constructions and installations enables us to implement complex project solutions on tight schedules for various sectors of the transport industry.
Stainless-steel bar and kitchen modules
Our large product range includes bar and kitchen-modules, and for the last ten years we have entered into the professional kitchen-market for the rolling stock industry and train operators.
Our kitchen furniture is primarily made from stainless steel, developed and designed together with our clients. As a core we use a wide range of materials, from treated ply wood up to more advanced, light-weight products. Modern technology and constant innovation have resulted in the development of our hygienic drainer with a specially made perforated insert.
Kitchen furniture for railway coaches
All our components are developed for use in railway coaches and all the components or furniture (such as trolley-cupboards, working surfaces including sinks, etc.) will and will be built for a long life and will allow optimum usage and minimal maintenance. Our products meet the UIC and all necessary fire-resistance requirements, as well as conforming to all necessary British Rail Group Standards.
Kugel is a well respected designer and producer of the catering equipment for new build and for refurbishment projects alike. Our components and modules offered are produced in accordance with all necessary International Rail Group standards.
Our range of kitchen/ bar modules for train catering systems include:
- Cooling systems/units for chilled kitchen-modules (for example, trolley-cupboard, etc)
- Basic frames for cooling systems
- All types of galley/kitchen-furniture
- Cooled and non-cooled trolley-cupboards for all of trolleys (atlas half/full-size, gastro-norm, etc.)
- Cooled and non-cooled cupboards (for drinks etc.)
- Working tables with/without washing facilities (sinks) especially seamless moulded
- Extraction units / hoods including lights and filters
- Drawers of varying dimensions on telescopic rails which an additionally be secured by pushbuttons and with secure cash drawers
- Various cupboards with/without heating-elements with sliding and/or hinged doors
- Various open racks secured by retainers (for standard units and/or containers)
- Waste modules for disposal / recycling
- Various kitchen-wall-modules
- Seats/seat-groups (restaurant seats, etc)
- Water piping systems for the entire galley/kitchen-equipment
- Sink modules including hot-water boiler, etc
- Kitchen machinery/appliances such as microwaves, combination grills, convection ovens, grills, toaster, tea/hot water or coffee-machines, dishwashing machines, beverage dispenser for alcoholic drinks (beer etc) and
non-alcoholic drinks (water, coke, etc)
- Display cabinets (both cooled and non-cooled)
- Kitchen/bar-ceilings including strip lights, spot lights and down lighters
- Bar section, roller shutter doors, stainless steel clad kitchen security doors
- Bistro and restaurant glass screens