Sqills is proud to have been selected by VIA Rail Canada (VIA Rail) to deliver...
Dutch provider of sales and distribution software for the rail and bus industry, Sqills, has been selected by Iarnród Éireann, Irish Rail, against stiff international competition, to replace their entire national reservation, pricing, ticketing and distribution system. Sqills is a member of the winning team led by Cubic Transportation Systems.
Gerry Culligan, Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail commercial director said: "Our existing ticketing systems had several dated legacy components which affect the customer experience. We were determined to bring these aspects of the business, such as ticketing and CRM tools, up to modern standards and look forward to working with Cubic’s team to achieve that."
The Sqills solution ‘S3 Passenger’ was chosen by Cubic / Irish Rail because of its innovative nature, off-the-shelf availability and alignment with Irish Rail’s objectives. The S3 Passenger solution provides Irish Rail a number of strategic benefits such as:
- Enabling fares to be set from a single source and to update them instantly when needed across all sales
- Optimising train occupancy provides a better passenger experience and enables the sale of cheaper tickets on off-peak services, matching supply and demand
- A high degree of self-services empowering customers to manage their travel needs
Cubic key account manager Jonathan Williams said: "The background to the ticketing upgrade was to introduce a new way of working at Irish Rail. The new system introduces flexible ways to book and process tickets so, for instance, customers can change their date and time of travel quickly and easily, and in a self-service manner, if they need to.
Within the Cubic team, including SNCF’s rail solutions, Sqills is recognised as a leading expert in delivering sales and distribution software solutions for urban, regional and long distance rail systems.
- Sqills – the sales and distribution software supplier for the bus and rail industry, will supply the fully integrated S3 Passenger system comprising revenue management, booking engine, seat reservation system, inventory management system, pricing engine, CRM front-end and booking office and handheld solutions
- Cubic Transportation Systems – the system integrator will lead the implementation team and oversee the project management, systems engineering and systems integration capabilities, alongside the delivery of support requirements
For more information, please contact Sqills.
The Rail Delivery Group (RDG) now officially has the first 4 of its 18 TOCs...
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought new challenges for public transport, with the almost immediate and...
Eurostar, the international high-speed railway service that connects London with Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam, is...