Elma Electronic Solutions for Demanding Railway Applications
Elma provides electronic packaging, embedded systems solutions and electro-mechanical components used in rolling stock and train control applications; systems that must meet reliable and safety-critical levels, such as EN 50155 and safety integrity levels (SIL – IEC EN 61508). We bring years of experience in optimised thermal and environmental protection.
Open standards: Lower cost and time to market by reducing design risk
Elma’s proven design concepts combined with superior quality, reliability and flexibility result in expertly designed solutions, key reasons why the leading electronics companies in the world rely on Elma when high quality and reduced risk are critical to program success.
Elma’s extensive product portfolio is based on the concept of reusable modular components and open standards computer platforms that help create a virtually infinite number of solutions. Elma designs to and participates in standards such as CompactPCI, MicroTCA, ATCA, small form factor (SFF), VME, VPX, and AXIe/PXIe.
In order to deliver a best in class application-ready, embedded computing sub-systems, Elma works with well-established industry partners to design a system with the right set of functionality. The customer benefits by getting the best available solution based on optimal sourcing and platform integration, yet procured from a single source. Elma manages the entire experience, thereby reducing the customer’s risk and design time.
- Flexible, high speed manufacturing equipment enables a myriad of manufacturing options, even at low volume
- Fast response from experienced in-house team of engineers and sales support
- Maintain tight tolerances through high precision tooling.
Widest range of enclosures, cases and racking cabinets
- Support for most open architecture form factors; VME, VPX, CompactPCI and cPCI Serial, SFF (for example COM Express, PC/104), motherboards
- Card cages, subracks and accessories
- Rugged 19in rackmount platforms
- Compact rugged boxes for harsh environments (ATR and SFF types)
- Electronic cases for instrument and desktop applications
- Full range of racks and cabinets for rack- or panel-mount equipment
- Accommodate custom and open architecture form factors
Embedded computing boards and system platforms
- Embedded Storage: rugged SSD and rotating; front removable; secure-erase/write-protect; RAID arrays; Network Attached (NAS); device driver support
- Single Board Computers, GPGPUs, FPGAs, Networking and I/O cards
- Full embedded sub-system integration solutions and support
Quality hardware components for the smallest details
- 19in accessories including card guides, front panels, guide rails
- Quick-turn custom silkscreening services
- Rugged and high performance switches, knobs and LED assemblies
- Encoders and encoded switches
Elma is your partner in developing your next reliable high performance rail solution. We have provided solutions for:
- Signalling and communications systems
- Revenue collection
- Passenger infotainment systems
- Locomotive control and maintenance systems
- Surveillance systems
- Station management and control
- Tilting and bogie control
- European rail traffic management system (ERTMS)
Elma Electronic is a global manufacturer of electronic packaging products for the embedded systems market; from components, embedded computing boards, backplanes and chassis platforms to fully integrated subsystems. To ensure our integrated solutions are optimised to our customer’s needs, Elma partners with leading board manufactures in the industry. The company rigorously follows the highest quality standards such as ISO9001, AS9100 and EN50155.
Please consult the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website for detailed regional locations and contact information.
Elma Electronic AG (headquarters)
Phone: +41 44 933 41 11
Phone: +49 7231 97 34 0
Phone: +33 4 37 06 21 10
Phone +44 1234 838 822
Elma Electronic Inc.
Phone +1 510 656 3400
Phone +1 770 496 4000
Products and Services
Compact PCI Serial
Railway technology must meet the highest standards of safety, reliability and availability. The most commonly used technology; proven CompactPCI standard, with its parallel bus structure has now reached the limits of its performance. System specialist ELMA shows compatible migration path to systems with modern high-speed serial architectures, such as CompactPCI Serial and CompactPCI PlusIO.
Elma Electronic is pleased to announce that Optima Stantron has designed and successfully tested cabinets to meet both North American (AREMA) and European (CENELEC) railway standards.Read more
Elma Electronic is pleased to announce the release of a new high-speed controller and storage module that supports up to eight SATA III ports and over two terabytes (TB) of onboard capacity in a single 3U VPX slot.Read more
United States of America
United States of America