The GURU® PC Valve is self-contained and drains water bearing systems automatically before freeze damage can occur by monitoring ambient temperatures.
Freezing conditions which put water tanks and piping at risk for freeze damage occur when the car heat is turned off for switching locomotives or even brief layovers.
Since the valve is completely mechanical, no electrical or air connections are required. When used with the optional heater assembly, we provide a 5ft power cable and wiring diagram for hard wiring or various plugs of your choice.
Valves placed in equipment cabinets tend to be colder than the heated passenger areas and do not heat up quickly when the car heat is turned on again. This can significantly delay the ability to refill the water systems and get the car back into service after a valve activation. The heater assembly causes the valve to heat up and close quickly. This allows refilling of the water system and getting the passenger car back into service as quickly as possible.
- Eliminates costly freeze damage in passenger cars
- Easy installation
- Completely mechanical, no outside power required
- Minimal maintenance required
- High flow design for rapid draining
- Low lead brass / bronze
- Complies with fire safety requirements under Title 49, Chapter II, Part 238.103
- Available in ¾in and 1in sizes
- Self-operating valve
- Dual port seals
- No power or air required when used without heater
- Inline serviceable
- Easy maintenance
Heater design features:
- Two LED lights for easy visual status check of power and heater
- Self-limiting heater
- No moving parts to wear
- Minimal electrical noise
- Easy installation/removal with one hand or gloves
- Fully encapsulated PC board
- Available voltages: 120VAC/74VDC or 230 VAC