Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
December 23, 2020

Sadbhav Engineering JV declared lowest bidder for Surat Metro project

Sadbhav Engineering’s joint venture (JV) company has been named as the lowest bidder for the construction of a portion of the Surat Metro project by the Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC).

Sadbhav Engineering’s joint venture (JV) company has been named as the lowest bidder for the construction of a portion of the Surat Metro project by the Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC).

The company placed a bid of Rs7.8bn ($105.7m) for the metro rail project.

In a regulatory filing to the BSE, the company said: “We have been declared as lowest bidder by Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Ltd for construction of 11.6 km elevated viaduct and 10 stations for Surat Metro Rail Project phase-1.”

The contract has been awarded in the name of SEL-SPSCPL Joint Venture.

Sadbhav Engineering own 74% stake in joint venture, while S.P. Singla Constructions owns the remaining 26% stake.

The company added that GMRC is expected to issue the letter of award to it shortly.

Content from our partners
Four principles to harness data for asset management
The green transportation revolution: An unprecedented opportunity to invest in the future

In September, India’s National High Speed Rail (NHSRCL) opened technical bids for the construction of a section of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail corridor.

A total of three bidders involving two consortiums and Larsen & Toubro expressed interest in the high-speed project.

The technical bids were for the design and construction of a 237km section of the corridor, as well as four stations.

Overall, the tender included 47% of the total 508km alignment between Vapi and Vadodara in the state of Gujarat.

Larsen and Toubro was named the lowest bidder for the bullet train project between the cities of Mumbai and Ahmedabad in October.


Image:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Delhi_Magenta_Line.jpg

 

Source: https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/sadbhav-engineering-jt-venture-lowest-bidder-for-part-of-rs-780-cr-surat-metro-project/article33392093.ece

 

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The railway industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU