The results of a study conducted by CRF are in and Schenck Process has been voted one of the “top employers for engineers 2008” in Germany alongside 24 other well-known companies.
Satisfied staff and excellent working conditions form the basis for a company’s success, but what do companies do to keep their staff happy? This was the very question asked by CRF, an independent research institute, in its study. The study involved examining around 200 companies in terms of internationality, pay, work-life balance, career opportunities, corporate culture, job security and innovation management – important factors that matter to employees.
As a world market leader in measuring and process technology, Schenck Process develops innovative solutions and technologies. We employ approximately 2,000 people around the world, more than 800 of whom are engineers.
Here are five good reasons why our company has been awarded the “Top employer for engineers 2008” seal:
- Internationality – with 25 sites around the world, Schenck Process gives its staff the opportunity to deploy their know-how around the globe
- Open company structure – we give our staff room to develop their own careers – they can for example switch from a technical position to a management career path
- Flexible working hours model – staff have time accounts to which overtime is credited and can then be changed into time off; we have no core working hours, which means that staff are relatively free to determine their working hours with their team
- Prospects for the future – whether they are looking for a work placement, apprenticeship or first job after graduating, Schenck Process offers young people the ideal springboard for their career; we consider continually training our staff as an investment in the future because we want staff to stay with us for the long term
- A real work-life balance – we do everything we can to keep our staff happy at work; we also promote motivation by offering a pleasant and stimulating working environment where outstanding work is rewarded, and flexible working hours foster the balance needed between work and private life
You will find the full profile for Schenck Process and all the other results of the study in Top-Arbeitgeber für Ingenieure 2008 (Top employers for engineers 2008), published by W Bertelsmann.