TrainLab is Transurb’s interactive next-generation training solution created for railways.
Its mission is to leverage technology to improve learning outcomes of trainees by offering them a portable tool to practice on demand and learn by trial and errors.
TrainLab for trainees and instructors
The application has two interfaces, one for the trainees, and one for the instructors. It is both multi and cross-platform to enable students and instructors to use it anytime, anywhere. It utilises gamification such as storytelling and scoring systems inside an immersive and engaging 2D / 3D universe and can be interfaced with standard Learning Management Systems (SCORM compliant).
Innovative blended-learning tool
TrainLab can be used both in classroom or in self-training modes and offers many advantages:
- Gamification / learning by doing improves student retention and outcomes
- Unlimited access to operational assets
- Convenient access towards virtualised equipment
- Fun and engaging 3D animations, videos, animations, sounds, theoretical content, quizzes
- Improved understanding of technical topics by students
- Easy tracking of trainee’s progress and feedback, both by trainees and instructors.
- Creation of personalised training path according to (group of) trainees’ profiles
- Integrated with your LMS (Scorm compatible)
- Suitable for course re-designs and updates with a powerful instructor’s edition interface
- Virtual reality to practice critical tasks as in reality
Increased motivation, retention and learning outcomes
The trainee application, available on tablet, smartphone, computer, and VR, simulates the vehicle to immerse learners and cover training topics that are tailored according to clients’ needs.
In free or guided exploration mode, users navigate through their rolling stock and discover it with documentation, media content and animations. Learners’ states of advancement and progress are recorded, which allows instructors to gain insights into their knowledge and depth of understanding. Students can also monitor their own learning curve and personalise their training.
By combining several types of learning materials within an interactive user interface, TrainLab boosts motivation, favours knowledge retention and maximises learning outcomes.
Demo topic available on app stores
The demo version released on the stores aims to provide an overview of the possibilities offered by TrainLab. Go to the device’s app store to download the public demo version for smartphone and tablet.
In the general introduction topic, you will follow a short pedagogical sequence presenting a generic passenger train designed by Transurb.
Transurb Simulation is able to reproduce any type of specific rolling stock (passenger train, freight train, metro and light rail), as well as all the equipment inside it. This solution is also upgradable and is adaptable to route knowledge, maintenance training or safety learning topics according to client requests.