ENSCO engineers have led the rail industry in developing new, advanced technologies for passenger, transit and freight transportation since 1970. ENSCO technology and services help customers improve the quality of their operations, while making travel safer.
Track Inspection Technologies
ENSCO is an international leader in track inspection technologies. Our engineers have pioneered the use of technologies, such as advanced rail inspection sensors, high-resolution imaging technology, and autonomous inspection systems, to improve track maintenance. These technologies provide customers with the best possible tools to ensure track and rolling stock safety, increase productivity and efficiency, and reduce operating cost.
Track Inspection Vehicles: ENSCO’s range of inspection vehicle platforms include:
- Self-propelled Vehicles
- Towed Coaches
- Hi-rail Vehicles
Track Measurement Systems: automated measurement technologies include:
- Track Geometry Measurement Systems
- Rail Profile Measurement System
- Third-rail (Power Rail) Measurement System (TRMS)
- Deployable Gage Restraint Measurement System
- Ride Quality Measurement System
- Rail Corrugation Measurement System
- Overhead Wire Measurement System
Track Imaging Systems provide comprehensive track inspection and evaluation through advanced machine vision processing.
- Joint Bar Inspection System
- Track Component Imaging System
- Rail Surface Imaging System
- Driver View Imaging System
- Overhead Wire (Catenary) Imaging System
- Tunnel Wall Imaging System
- Thermal Imaging System
Autonomous Inspection Systems can be installed on passenger or freight cars in revenue service to offer a cost-effective approach for maintenance planning and railway standards compliance.
- Vehicle/Track Interaction (V/TI) Monitor: continuous safety monitoring of track conditions without impacting revenue service. Risk conditions are transmitted via cellular network and are received as email alerts and viewed in TrackIT®.
- Autonomous Track Geometry Measurement System (ATGM)
- Overhead Wire Measurement System
Track Inspector Tools help clients to accurately know the location and condition of track assets. ENSCO’s asset management products work together to provide real-time knowledge from the condition of track to the location of a train. The tools make maintenance more efficient, operations safer, and increase the bottom line through reliable data management.
- Portable Track Loading Fixture (PTLF): an easy-to-use, manually operated track inspection tool designed to test the lateral strength of railroad crossties and fastening systems
- Digital Track Notebook® 3.0 (DTN): simple, mobile, web-based track inspection tool to gain rapid access to performance reports and ensure regulatory compliance
Track Inspection Services use ENSCO-owned and operated vehicles and systems for access to cutting edge track inspection technology and in-house experts.
- Hi-rail Inspection Vehicles
- Portable Inspection System for Rail Bound Vehicles
- Inspection Technologies
Track Data Management Suite
The Track Data Management Suite provides a fully integrated offering of ENSCO data management and analysis software packages. Uses common architecture, data structures, and asset databases to enable cross-communication of the systems to achieve advanced capabilities. The web-based applications, including DTN®, TrackIT® and AMA, are seamlessly integrated into one user interface.
- Digital Track Notebook® (DTN): a web-based, paperless record management of inspection schedules, maintenance, defect identification, and follow-up records. The DTN offers rapid access to performance reports and ensures regulatory compliance
- TrackIT®: a web-based, track asset and automated inspection data management repository
- Automated Maintenance Advisor (AMA): trend deteriorating conditions and automated identification of prescriptive maintenance tasks
- GeoEDIT 8: in-depth graphical analysis and reporting of track measurement data
- Virtual Track Walk (VTW): software enables high-resolution, synchronized track images to be inspected in the office
- VAMPIRE®: vehicle / track interaction software from the Resonate Group® that simulates rail vehicles on the track. ENSCO Rail is North and South American distributor for this industry-standard software
Vehicle / Track Evaluation
ENSCO Rail is a recognized leader in the railway industry and parlays more than four decades of experience into comprehensive, knowledge-based vehicle / track Interaction consulting services. Subject matter experts can provide support and consultation specific to the needs of vehicle operators, suppliers and derailment investigators. Whether qualifying vehicles for higher speed operation, addressing a vehicle’s behavior, or guiding rail vehicles through acceptance testing, ENSCO can skillfully navigate the customer through the process with efficiency.
- Vehicle Acceptance Testing
- Vehicle Analysis
- Instrumented Wheel Set (IWS)
- Modelling and Simulation
- Derailment Investigations
- VAMPIRE® Sales and Support
Rail Safety and Security
Gain workable solutions to keep passengers and railroad personnel safe and secure. ENSCO’s Rail Emergency Evacuation Simulator trains first responders. Vulnerability assessments mitigate vulnerabilities, while ensuring uninterrupted operations.
- Rail Emergency Evacuation Simulator
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Derailment Prevention
Train Control Safety
ENSCO supports Positive Train Control, and other train control and signaling systems professional consultants and technology. In-house train control professionals combined with our engineering staff provide comprehensive inspection systems for asset change management, and signal and communication equipment condition monitoring.
- Positive Train Control (PTC) Consulting
- PTC Asset Change Management and Inspection
- Signaling Inspection Systems