As the rail and transit sector becomes increasingly reliant on interconnected digital systems to run its operations and with recent events such as San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority’s ransom-ware attack, it is vital that each organisation not only addresses its cyber security but also works with industry to keep their operations and their customers safe.
The SafeRail Congress returns again this year with cyber-security being a main theme of the show and this is underlined with a couple of high profile additions to the speaker line-up such as Renee Tarun, Director of the NSA’s Cyber Task Force who will be talking about how cyber attacks will develop in the future and Mark Grant, Chief Information Security Officer at CSX who will be giving a case study on keeping sensitive data from getting into the wrong hands.
They will be joined by CEOs and other C-level IT and Security executives from railroads and transits, such as:
- Art Leahy, Chief Executive Officer, Metrolink SCRRA
- Paul Comfort, Chief Executive Officer, MTA Maryland
- Sean Ryan, Chief Security Officer, MTA Metro North Railroad
- John O’Grady, Chief Safety Officer, Toronto Transit Commission
- Gardner Tabon, Chief, Office of System Safety,NJ Transit
- William Tsuei, Chief Technology Officer, Valley Metro Regional Public Transportation Authority
- R.T. McCarthy, Chief Safety Officer, Keolis Commuter Services
- Doug Allen, Chief Executive Officer, Virginia Railway Express
James Pickard, Conference Producer says of the show: "We’ve had a great amount of interest in the show already which just goes to show what a hot topic IT security is at the moment. With high level presentations and case studies available, attendees will be able to come away with practical information to go back to work and keep our transportation systems safer in the future."