OEM Technology Solutions and DEUTA-Werke have signed a distribution agreement that licenses OEM to market, promote, sell, service and support DEUTA’s range of products.
The products include:
- Speed indicators (modular driver cab indicators, moving coil indicators, indicators with stepper motor, ANEMO wind gauge, DEUMO precision hand tachometer, tachometer)
- Multi-function terminals (MFT’s and DMI’s)
- IconTrust: safe innovation (SIL2) for TFT MM’s
- Speed sensors (radar doppler sensors, hall effect pickups, axle mounted speed sensors)
- REDBOXview: mobile video systems (DRV) for networked train environment or standalone transport requirements
- Event recorders
- REDBOX multi-function recorder: provides journey data recording and innovative possibilities for service and evaluation
- Safe+ safe control/ up to SIL4
- Dead man’s control (SIFA)
- PMU crash protected black box data storage
"The agreement took some time to conclude, as both parties had due diligence to perform, mainly due to the high standards of safety required by the railway industry in Australia and the trust that the railway operators would place in adopting these critical components in their rail fleets," said OEM business development manager Sean van der Walt.
"We have placed a lot of trust in DEUTA as they are a reputable company that has been in the rail "speed, measure and display" industry for over 100 years. This agreement presents new opportunities to OEM and would be assisting DEUTA in better servicing their customers in our territory."
"We had to find a technology driven partner that was well exposed to the Australian railway market and that could understand the new technologies, such as used in automated train protection systems. We found that partnership in OEM," said Mr Andreas Blumke, sales and project engineering manger at DEUTA-WERKE.