Rail Track Works
Steconfer has developed significant expertise in rail track works with its wide experience and resources.
Steconfer has developed significant expertise in rail track works with its wide experience and resources, including:
- New construction
- Renovation and rehabilitation
The company provides these services in all types of railway such as light rail train, subway and railway and in different conditions, including plain line track, stations, bridges and viaducts.
Steconfer’s work is showcased in the following achievements:
- The expansion of lines for Lisbon Subway
- The extension of Oporto light rail
- Luas light rail extension in Dublin
- Railway infrastructure works for ADIF and AVE in Spain
- Railway infrastructure works for EFE in Chile
- Railway infrastructure works for VALE in Mozambique
- Phase 1 of Kaohsiung light rail train for CAF in Taiwan
- Msheireb Downtown Doha tramway for TIG/m in Qatar
The most notable technology development is in the area of lightweight trams, where large international manufacturers propose different systems and compete amongst themselves. This allows Steconfer to adapt and connect systems that are significantly different compared to the company core business from 1997 to 2009.