COMLAB will equip the Bielefeld city train tunnel with a BOS tunnel radio system. So,...
The RUD-5 has been designed in order to extend radio coverage in various radio networks. Available as a fibre-optic repeater or an off-air repeater, it is suited to numerous areas of use.
COMLAB’s RUD-5 is a multi-band, multiple operator system with up to five independent frequency bands, each of which features multiple operator / technology support, as well as up to 16 sub-bands and 16 providers. The solution has a bandwidth ranging from 50MHz to 2,700MHz. All technologies are merged onto one platform to provide the best data throughput available.
The RUD-5 is a future-oriented system that enables easy operator-specific re-farming of frequency bands. It offers digital sub-band filtering that is channel or band-selective, and only amplifies desired signals with no interferences. The repeater also provides operator-specific automatic gain trailing and control.
The RUD-5 is highly customisable, modular and expandable, with flexible system upgrades and easy exchange of modules.
It provides options for safety, commercial or mixed applications, including:
- High or medium power class
- Redundant power supply module (PSM)
- Redundant fibre-optic module (FOM)
- Automatic gain-trailing and control
- Echo cancellation (allows to set higher gain than isolation)
- Isolation measurement (automatic measurement of the isolation in the set band and path over the whole frequency band; measurements are stored and can be downloaded)
- Oscillation detection (automatic gain reduction when repeater isolation is too low to set gain value; Automatic stop when isolation is good again)
- Spectrum scan (automatic generation of a spectrum scan of the set path and band and measurement of all incoming signals with a defined resolution; measurements are stored and can be downloaded)
- PIM detection (automatic generation of two carriers in the set path and measurement of passive intermodulations in the other path; measurements are stored and can be downloaded)
- Frequency Shift (possibility to use a different input and output frequency for each sub-band filter. Reduction of the available sub-bands to 15 per digital radio module)
- External alarm
- Polygon-based settings
- Web-based operation and maintenance system (COSweb)
- Integrated GPS for geo-switching and localisation
- Mass software upgrades
The RUD-5 has the smallest housing on market. It offers single, three and five-band outdoor housing, as well as 19in rack (RUD19-5) indoor / InTrain housing.
The solution’s supported technologies include:
- TETRA / Tetrapol
- FM break-in
- DAB+ break-in
The German Unity Transport Project 8 (VDE 8) will close the gaps in the European...
COMLAB has won the tender for outfitting approximately 400 Deutsche Bahn (DB) trains with a...
COMLAB supplied InTrain repeaters for 25 double-decker trains that Russian railway operator Aeroexpress ordered in...