nora systems nora® Rubber Floors for Public Transport
nora systems produces a variety of rubber floors for transportation and non-transportation applications, known under the trade names of norament® and noraplan®. The extensive range of transport application areas for nora floor coverings and stair treads include light and heavy rail vehicles, high speed trains, people movers, subways, buses and marine applications.
For more than 50 years, nora systems has been transforming rubber into floor coverings, ensuring floorings of superlative quality based on innovative development work, groundbreaking production processes and uncompromising quality assurance. This is all produced in true trend-setting designs and colours.
nora systems’s extensive knowledge of rubber floorings stretches from a deep technical understanding to a thorough knowledge of installation techniques, national and international standards, as well as the impact rubber floor coverings can have on the environment.
nora® rubber flooring
nora® floor coverings are well prepared to meet all specific requirements in the worldwide transportation business. Leaving our customer satisfied is of utmost priority. We take pride in our diverse worldwide projects: people movers in Las Vegas, ICE bistro wagons for DB, metro Taipei in Taiwan, Amtrak metro liner, CITADIS in Montpellier, Orleans, Lyon, Valenciennes and Dublin, tramways in Berlin and Rome, TER X73500 and TER X72500 in France and the renovation of nearly 1,200 New York subway cars using approximately 113,000m² of noraplan®.
Advantages of rubber floor coverings
There are a number of reasons why nora® rubber floor coverings are our customers’ number one choice:
- Free of PVC, plasticizers (phthalates) and halogens (for example chlorine)
- Extraordinary wear-resistance: extremely long lifespan, thus less frequent need of renovation and disposal
- Dirt-repellent and easy to clean surface: thanks to its extremely dense surface and nora cleanguard®, the factory post-curing surface finishing
- No need for extra coating: significantly reduced care and maintenance costs as well as wastewater loading
- Outstanding fire-protection properties: fire/smoke behaviour tested according to EN 13 501-1, DIN 5510-2, NF F 16-101, ASTM E-648 and E-662, BS 476 p.7, BS 6853 App. B.5.4, UIC-Codex 564-2/12.
- Carbonisation gases are non-toxic; no corrosive vapours, no source for dioxins and furans occur. (Please contact us for further details on compliance with additional international fire-protection standards.)
- Permanent resilience: lasting high walking comfort
- Excellent footfall sound absorption: insulation values up to 20dB
- Dimensionally stable: does not contain any plasticizers thus is shrinkage resistant
- Resistant to cigarette burns: no surface damage
- Antistatic properties: no electrostatic charge build-up from walking, thus no perceptible discharges
- Environmentally safe: made of high-quality rubber, mineral fillers, and environmental friendly colour pigments
- Free from asbestos, cadmium, CFCs and formaldehyde
- Easy disposal
Visit our website for more detailed information on nora® floor coverings, accessories and our business philosophy.
nora systems develops, produces and markets high-quality, resilient floor coverings as well as shoe components under the brand name nora®. The company, headquartered in Weinheim, was founded in 2007 (formerly as Freudenberg Bausysteme) and has been shaping the development of rubber floor coverings for years as worldwide leading manufacturer. We have more than 1,100 employees within the company and enjoyed a turnover of approximately €205.8m in 2012.
Exhibitions in 2014
nora systems will be exhibiting at InnoTrans, a railway technology exhibition for both buyers and sellers in the passenger and freight transport technology industries, on 23 to 26 September, in Berlin, Germany. nora systems will be found at Hall 3.1, booth number 106.
Products and Services
New York City Subway
Docklands Light Railway Capacity Upgrade
Valenciennes Tram System
Light Rail System operated by Kolner-Verkehrs Betreibe (KVB)
Jerusalem Light Rail Project
Brussels Metro and Tram Network
Orléans-Val-de-Loire Tramway, Orléans, Loiret
Tenerife Light Rail System
Qinghai-Tibet Heavy Rail Line
Metro do Porto
Lyon Light Rail System
Luas Light Rail Network, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Montpellier Light Rail Network
Kuala Lumpur Airport Express
Rome Light Rail Metro and Tram System – Railway Technology
Bremen Light Rail System
Light Rail Transit System, operated by Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation
Strasbourg Light Rail Extension, France
Mandalay Bay Cable Liner
Oslo Airport (Gardermoen) Rail Link
Germany InterCity Express High Speed Rail Network operated by Deutsche Bahn
TGV France High Speed Railways operated by SNCF
X2000 Tilting Trains operated by Swedish State Railways (SJ), Sweden
nora systems, manufacturers of rubber flooring for transportation and non-transportation purposes, is set to attend two trade shows in 2012 - InnoTrans and Railway Interiors. The company's products are designed for light and heavy rail vehicles, high-speed trains, people movers, subways, buses and marine applications.Read more
The most altitudinous railway line in the world has been connecting inland provinces and Tibet in China since 2006. This is the largest railway project of the 21st century, with many superlatives. Each coach has nora® floor coverings. The Tibet railway links Xining and Lhasa, theRead more
Floorcoverings in rail vehicles and buses must meet high requirements. nora® systems have added a floorcovering with a slip resistance of R11 to its proven assortment of rubber floorcoverings: the noraplan® ultra grip, the first resilient safety rubber floorcovering without PVC.Read more
The Railway Interiors Expo is the world’s only exhibition that is 100% dedicated to railcar interiors, passenger safety and comfort. Every exhibit relates to interiors and interior products so that, as a visitor, you have a highly-concentrated environment directly relevant to your area of interesRead more
Freudenberg Bausysteme KG is pleased to introduce noraplan grip, one of several new high-performance product lines. noraplan grip represents the new generation of the extremely popular scatter design. The lovely non-directional pattern integrates aluminium glitter, adding a playful sparkle to thiRead more
Freudenberg Building Systems can point to a lengthy list of references. Top-ranking architects and designers have been using nora rubber floorings for many years now. The Transrapid operating company in Shanghai, for example, has rounded off the visual appeal of its futuristic city terminal withRead more