MPL is an ISO9001-certified designer and manufacturer of industrial computers (boards and systems) for railway applications. The success of the company is based on various unique solutions, including a rugged, PC-compatible industrial concept, the long-term availability of our products, low power consumption, a wide temperature range and passive cooling concepts (fanless).
Certified firewalls and routers for railway applications
GUARD-F12 has been designed for railway, industrial and defence applications, where security, quality, reliability, low power consumption and long-term availability are key. The GUARD-F12 is equipped with M12 connectors that are often used in railway applications. The housing comes with a small footprint, is available with DIN-Rail or flange mounting, and offers sufficient space to add other peripherals.
Features of the GUARD-F12 include:
- Wide input voltage range (8VDC – 36VDC) with reverse polarity protection
- Temperature range from -20°C to 60°C (optional -40°C to 85°C)
- Three fast Ethernet ports with M12 connectors
- USB and SD interface (optional)
- Pre-installed with adapted version of OpenWRT
Rugged embedded computer solutions
PIP30 is a low-power, highly integrated rugged embedded computer with an aluminium housing, which allows users to operate the PIP in moderate and harsh environments without fan or ventilation holes. The design integrates standard connectors for easy connection and can easily be mounted on a 35mm DIN rail or at a wall with flanges.
The PIP housing offers space for up to two 2.5in HDD/SSD. The units come with up to four GigE ports, up to seven USB (3.0 and 2.0), up to four serial lines (RS232/485), PS/2, external SATA port and an external PCI-E port. Internally available are two SATA 3.0 and two SATA 2.0 ports, but also expansion options on minPCIe, PCI-104 express and PCIe. Precautions have been taken so that the entire system EMC is within CE and FCC limits.
Highlights of PIP30 include:
- Soldered 4GB ECC RAM (up to 12GB via SO-DIMM slot)
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports
- Nearly unlimited expansion possibility for your needs
- Fanless operation
- Long-term availability
- Various housing
- Optional internal UPS and hot swappable RAID
Compact embedded computers
Our compact embedded computers (CEC) are robust, fanless and power efficient with Intel processors. The systems are offered with a long-term availability guarantee in a rugged housing with a number of mounting options. CEC units are available according to your specific requirements, and we can even attach your company’s logo.
CEC features include:
- No internal wiring
- Fanless solutions for extended temperature of -40°C to 85°C at full CPU load
- Robust aluminium housings with stainless-steel front plates
- MIL housing options
- Low-power embedded designs
- Long-term availability guarantee
- Customisable design and functionality
Rugged embedded Xeon server
The MXCS is a high-performance, low-power and highly integrated rugged embedded server, built in a specially designed aluminum or MIL IP67 housing with Intel Xeon CPU (up to 16 cores).
- Up to 128GB DDR4 ECC memory
- Robust, industrial products
- Extended temperature available
- Long-term availability guarantee
MPL’s railway computers are designed to meet a range of railway standards and environments, such as EN50155 certification. All units undergo severe environmental testing to ensure reliable performance under a variety of power supply conditions, such as voltage variations, power interruptions and supply changeover. Our systems are also tested to withstand typical railway environmental disturbances, such as vibration, shock and extreme temperatures.
MPL products are 100% designed and manufactured in Switzerland by MPL AG. All of our products are rugged fanless, shock and vibration-proof, operate on low power and are available for the long-term (typically ten years). All MPL products are designed to meet or exceed the most common standards.