ThermOmegaTech® railroad division product manager Dana Logue has announced the company’s GURU® Rebuild Program. ThermOmegaTech’s...
The GURU® DL 2.1 is the most widely used and proven locomotive freeze protection valve in the world. It may be thought of as an automatic freeze-out plug with one important difference: The stainless steel GURU® Cartridge releases itself from its body at a pre-set water temperature (35°F or 40°F), rather than being forced out by the tremendous pressure of expanding ice. This provides almost a full one inch bore to rapidly drain the typical locomotive before damage can occur.
Resetting and rearming the GURU® Plug is easily accomplished by simply reheating the cartridge and utilizing our GURU® Flag and Clip tool with slotted actuator feature. This feature prevents the GURU® Plug from triggering open again while refilling the cooling system with cold water.
- Will not trip or dump while locomotive is running
- Fully automatic, it never forgets to activate freeze protection
- Completely mechanical, no electrical or air connections
- Not affected by air flow or air temperature surrounding valve, releases only when cooling water reaches setpoint
- Rapid draining
- Easy system refill
- Models available to convert existing freeze protection
- Easily tested in field
- Slotted actuator feature prevents nuisance dumps when refilling cooling system with cold water
- Unit automatically rearms after filling and reheating
- Actuator sensing surface is the only wetted part
- Long service life: All moving parts are stainless steel
- Design excludes cooling water chemicals and other debris from moving parts
- Easy maintenance
- Several body styles available for various applications: 1-1/4 NPT, tee, and flanged tee
- Paint mask minimizes accidental paint-ins
- Knob on cartridge for easy installation and removal even in awkward locations
- Choice of release temperatures: 35°F or 40°F
- Locomotive engine and compressor set cooling systems
- Standby diesel heating circulators
- Back-up protection in event of shutdown
- Hot water cab heater lines
- On-board tanks and piping
The Compressor Head Cleaning Tool (CHCT) helps to clean out water-cooled compressors easily by removing...
Self Contained Valves For Temperature Control, Freeze Protection, Steam Tracing and Conservation of Energy
For more than 30 years, ThermOmegaTech has been providing temperature control solutions for industry through...
ThermOmegaTech® Announces Expansion of Leading North American Railroad Freeze Protection Valve to Worldwide Markets
ThermOmegaTech® is expanding its offering of one of its flagship product lines, the GURU® DL2.1...