Safety all along the line has absolute priority in railway travel, while saving time and costs. MULTIRAIL® WheelScan combines both and ensures that operators safely save costs along the whole line.
MULTIRAIL® WheelScan offers a large number of advantages for operators; the wheels are precisely diagnosed in transit, and wheel imperfections, wheel loads and load distributions are checked. It also identifies vehicles that could damage the track because of excessive dynamic forces or overloading. It thereby potentially reduces costly damage and dangerous accidents in advance. Direct, appropriate maintenance is possible and before costly further damage occurs.
Possible applications include:
- Automation of track inspection
- Monitoring of wheel loads and load distributions
- Analysis of track loads
- Diagnosis of wheel imperfections
- Reduction of noise emissions
Additional advantages include:
- Reduced personnel costs
- Continuous rail installation with no need for new foundations
- Fast installation by simply exchanging ties
- Long-term stability
- EBA-approved, PTB-approved sensor