The general safety requirements for cable used in railway vehicles are very high. The cables must be halogen free, flame-retardant and self-extinguishing, and they must not enhance flame propagation. All of these characteristics are combined in our registered trade mark SABIX.
SABIX cables can be fully recycled and in separate components newly supplied to the resource cycle. Cables with FRNC outer sheath avoid flame propagation in case of local flaming and are flame-retardant and self-extinguishing according to VDE, EN and IEC. They fulfil the smoke density according to IEC, EN, VDE and BS.
Our halogen-free cable range includes the following products:
- Halogen-free single conductors
- Halogen-free control cables (including cables according to UL and CSA)
- Halogen-free motor connection cables 0.6/1kV
- Halogen-free data cables
- Halogen-free cables for use in rail vehicles according to DIN 5510-2
- Halogen-free cables for use in rail vehicles according to EN 50306
- Halogen-free BlueLine – cables for shipbuilding
- Halogen-free SABIX Ultra – continuously flexible with fire protection