The eRVM is a railway vibration diagnostic system measuring three dimensional acceleration, with high resolution and accuracy. The wayside eRVM system detects the wheel defects and other irregular condition of the passing trains. The onboard eRVM monitors the dynamic behaviour of the vehicle components and the impact forces applied on the vehicle and goods.
- Measurement of the dynamic forces in the direction of the wheel, bogie, or other components of the vehicle
- Dynamic modelling of the vehicle by instrumentation of the wheel, bogie, and car body
- Quality control for transporting special goods
- Axle counting
- Detection of wheel defects and bogie problems
- Measure and monitor the deflection of the track