HUBER+SUHNER now offers new 120Ω databus cables for train communication networks (TCNs). The new RADOX® DATABUS 120Ω EN cables meet the corresponding databus standards and can thus be used as MVB, WTB or UIC cables. They use electron-beam crosslinked materials, making them suitable for applications that involve high and low temperatures.
In addition, the cables are halogen-free, flame-resistant and produce very little smoke in the event of a fire. With these special characteristics, the cables meet the strict fire safety requirements of EN 45545-2.
Best-in-class transmission characteristics for MVB or WTB applications
The symmetrical 120Ω data cables have excellent transmission characteristics at high frequencies. As control cables, they connect the main components of the control system such as traction control, control command, driver’s cab displays, door controls and much more.
RADOX® DATABUS 120Ω EN data cables are suitable for fixed installation in railway vehicles or for use in applications with limited alternate bending loads. The turquoise jacket makes them easily identifiable before, during and after installation.
- Electron-beam crosslinked insulation and sheath material
- Excellent transmission characteristics
- Meets the corresponding databus standards
- Complies with EN 45545-2
- Dimensionally stable, even under extremely high and low temperatures
- Halogen-free, low-smoke
- Easy to strip and resistant to soldering
- Variety of design variants (paired, two pairs, four wires and with optional additional cores)
- Easily recognisable by turquoise colour