Train In-Motion Weighing Systems
Railweight is a pioneer in dynamic weighing of rail vehicles and has the largest number of in-motion weighing systems in operation worldwide.
Railweight's specialist team develops weighing solutions for all rail users, from train manufacturers and raw material producers to end-users and infrastructure developers. The company's systems are in action in almost every industry connected to rail networks.
Custom in-motion weighing systems
As every weighing system is bespoke, you benefit from a package that is exactly right for your application. Railweight's innovative technology allows it to create in-motion weighing systems that take a different approach to traditional, more costly methods. The results show through clearly on your balance sheet in low lifecycle costs and a short payback time.
Train weighing systems commissioning, training, spares and calibration
Railweight offers commissioning, training, spares and static and dynamic calibration for both new and existing in-motion weighing systems in accordance with international metrology directives.
As a Railweight customer, you can benefit from its team of trained technicians anywhere in the world. Railweight is truly your complete rail vehicle weighing solution provider and your partner, now and in the future.
Maintenance of rail weighing systems
The Railweight team recognises that a customer's weighing needs go far beyond developing and installing the system.
It is dedicated to providing the proper maintenance and servicing of your rail equipment in order to keep your business running efficiently. It will design an individual service plan for you, based on your bespoke system and its particular usage.
Advantages of using in-motion weighing systems
Weighing is crucial to cost control and safety in virtually every aspect of rail operation, from monitoring product deliveries to avoiding overloading penalties. Some of the principle reasons for weighing rail cars include:
- Transaction purposes to invoice clients for the amount of product shipped or, as a customer, to ensure your shipper isn't overcharging
- To determine the mass of wagons in order to collect freight revenue from shippers
- To avoid overloading which can damage wagons and infrastructure, and eccentric loading which can lead to derailments
- For asset management to minimize high impact loads, especially at track discontinuities like track joints, turnouts or crossings
- To ensure any leakage of hazardous cargo is detected immediately upon arrival at the distribution depot
- For chemical applications, as Railweight systems don’t have any foundations or cavities to trap heavier than air explosive gases
- For load control to adjust the material flow parameters during automatic bulk loading to maximize the payload without overloading
- For production control in batching applications such as charging the furnaces producing coke to make iron
- For balancing purposes at locomotive manufacturer and repairer workshops, in order to achieve optimum traction through weight distribution
Established over 50 years ago, Railweight is part of Avery Weigh-Tronix, one of the world's leading weighing companies.