Based on the experience gained in operating the first 3DWheel systems in St Petersburg and Ankara, Riftek has developed and started production of the next generation 3DWheel.60 systems.
The systems are designed to operate at a train speed of up to 60km/h.
The main tasks that were solved in the development process:
- The working ranges of laser scanners and their location were revised, which made it possible to increase the number of reliable wheel profiles obtained by the system
- The supporting frame was changed, which, in addition to simplifying assembly, increased the rigidity of the system and resistance to external influences
- The concept of modularity of the design was implemented, which simplified maintenance and increased the maintainability of the system as a whole
- Algorithms for processing measurement data have been refined, which made it possible to improve the accuracy and reproducibility of measurements
The first new generation system (1.5t of equipment) was sent to India for installation on one of the Delhi Metro lines. Two similar systems are to be installed by the end of this year on the Russian Railways.
- Development and manufacture of the 3DWheel.120 system. Designed to operate at a train speed of up to 120km/h. Delivery to China, February 2021.