New Public Address and General Alarm System from Hubbell GAI-Tronics
The Elemec3 is a digitally controlled public address and general alarm system (PA/GA) by Hubbell GAI-Tronics. Designed principally for life-critical installations in the oil and gas market, it is suitable for many industrial communications requirements.
The Elemec3 high-integrity public address and alarm system is commonly used on oil and gas platforms, FPSOs, power stations, oil refineries, chemical plants and industrial complexes worldwide to ensure the safety of personnel.
The equipment is specifically and fundamentally designed for failsafe operation, with extensive system and fault status monitoring to ensure maximum availability at all times. In addition to general paging and emergency broadcasts, alarms can be automatically initiated via a common interface with fire and gas and emergency shutdown systems.
All cabinet internal connections are on a plug / socket basis for ease of installation and maintenance. The modular design ensures minimum spares holding is required to support the systems, all of which are standard of the shelf units. System expansion is easily achieved by simply adding more modules and reconfiguring the system software accordingly.
Rich in features, the Elemec3 includes:
- Class D intelligent power amplifiers dual 300W (D600i), single 550W (D550i) or single 300W (D300i)
- Up to 35.2kW (64 amplifiers) of audio power
- Multiple hot standby power amplifiers
- Up to 64 programmable audio zones
- Fully duplicated, redundant or single configuration
- Up to 16 fully monitored and feature-rich programmable access panels
- Message storage and replay up to 25MB
- System status and fault monitoring via portal remote monitoring software
- Intrinsically safe ATEX/IEC Ex access panels
- Dual audio paths for simultaneous broadcasting requirements
- Background music panel (BGM) option
- PABX telephone access
- Page / party access
- Engineers test panel
- Optional fibre-optic links
- Auto alarm inhibit
- Beacon cable monitoring
- Ultrasonic loudspeaker network monitoring
- 256 inputs / outputs
- CE compliant
Compliant to UKOOA, PFEER, IMO, ABS, SOLAS, DNV, CCS, NORSOK, RINA and Lloyds guidelines, the Elemec3 has been designed to meet global standards and can be configured to meet a variety of applications where the installation of a highly reliable and safety critical communication system is essential.