Nashik Insulations has uploaded a free white paper providing details of its range of tapes...
Nashik Insulations manufactures banding tape, its synonyms being glass fibre tapes, glass-banding, banding, resiglass, polyglass, rotor-banding and armature-banding tape. Banding tape is available in thermal class F (155°C) and thermal class H (200°C). Features of our banding tape include:
- High thermal resistance of up to 200°C; a short period of heating up to 260°C may be tolerated, whereas solder may melt on steel wires
- Very high arc resistance, thereby minimizing the possibility of 'flash over' which has often been a problem with steel bands
- Resistant to humidity and corrosion
- Smooth cured surface on application of banding tape reduces dirt adhesion, which might otherwise lead to tracking failure
- Non-conducting material, hence eliminates insulation as required under steel banding
- Prevents lashing banding tape bands, eliminating the extreme damage caused by lashing wires and lifting armature coils experienced when steel bands break
Please download this free white paper to find out more.