K and G Machinery has announced the sale of two Narrow Gauge 1,067mm Harsco BE-QR...
K & G has successfully carried out major modifications and refurbishment for a 1993 Plasser 08-275U tamping machine.
The machine came to us as an ex-Japanese Railways, 1,067mm gauge-switch tamper in relatively good condition. It was sold to a customer in Singapore and required the following work to be carried out in a ten-week timespan.
- Removal of noise doors and associated hydraulics and pneumatics
- Removal of electrical items that are used only by Japanese Railways
- Full gauge conversion modifications to suit 1,435mm items
- Exchange bogies, including new wheels, to one axle
- Modify ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ buggies to suit 1,435mm gauge
- Exchange and highly modify the jacking beam to suit 1,435mm with third rail
- Modify the steps, roof and other items to suit the required structure gauge
- Exchange the general vehicle architecture (GVA) control system to an automated logic control (ALC) system
- Install Scharfenberg couplers complete with brake air system
- Install suitable data connectors and cabling to suit slave loco’s
- Install emergency stop devices that shut down the machine and apply the brakes
- Repaint the machine and install specific sticker requirements
- Carry out FAT testing with our client
- Prepare for shipping
- Load, transport and ship the machine to Singapore
- Supervise the unloading of the machine in Singapore
- Carry out commissioning and SAT testing in Singapore with our client