Railway DC/DC Power Converters, AC/DC Power Supplies, DC/AC Sine-wave Inverters, AC/AC Frequency Converters
110 Walgreen Rd,
Ottawa K0A 1L0,
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of rugged, high performance, EN50155 compliant switch-mode power supplies for railway and other severe environments.
The company’s rugged power conversion products operate in on-board and trackside electronic systems in major railway projects in North and South America, Europe, Australasia, Asia and Africa.
Typical applications include signalling and communication systems, GPS systems, video surveillance and security systems, train control and monitoring systems and traction control systems.
Railway DC-DC converters, DC-AC sine wave inverters, AC-DC power supplies and battery chargers
ABSOPULSE product lines designed for on-board and trackside railway applications include:
- DC/DC power converters
- DC/AC sine-wave inverters, single or 3-phase combinations
- AC/AC phase & frequency converters, single or 3-phase combinations
- AC/DC power supplies, rectifiers and battery chargers
- DC-output UPS systems
- Complete power systems in 19in and 23in racks: DC/DC, DC/AC, AC/DC
- Gate-drive power supplies for traction systems – up to 30kVA isolation, corona free
These products typically offer combinations of the following features, depending on specific model and customer requirements:
- Any input and output according to requirements
- Single or multiple outputs
- EMI filtering to any standard, typically EN55022 Class B
- Wide operating temperature ranges including -40°C to +70°C. Wider ranges are available
- Wide range of options, including output fail alarms, redundancy, indicators, enable/inhibit and other controls
- RoHS compliance
Customised and standard railway quality power conversion solutions
ABSOPULSE can meet almost any electrical and mechanical configuration requirement, modifying existing designs or creating fully customised solutions.
Output power levels are available from a few watts to several kilowatts. Selecting from a broad range of tested railway quality designs, we deliver rugged power conversion solutions, keeping design costs low and lead times short.
The company’s power supplies are designed for a long operational life in severe environments. High-quality designs with traditionally large design headroom and the exclusive use of components with established reliability over many years contribute to high mean time between failures.
All heat generating components are cooled by conduction heat-sink blocks for optimum thermal performance. High efficiency, full electronic protection, and surge and transient protection also contribute to product reliability.
We have an ongoing R&D programme, which ensures that we remain innovative and are able to provide solutions and respond to all customer requirements.
Rugged mechanical designs
ABSOPULSE power supplies are ruggedly constructed and can be customised for specific mechanical requirements.
Standard mechanical packages and ruggedisation options include:
- Chassis and wall-mountable units in vented conduction / convection or fan-cooled enclosures
- DIN-rail and open-frame format available for many designs
- Plug-in (Eurocard) format for modular power systems in 19in or 23in racks
- Conformal coating and ruggedising are standard
- Full encapsulation (potting) in a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound
- Enclosure in rugged, IP66- or IP67-rated waterproof, dustproof and die-cast aluminum packages.
Railway standard compliance
ABSOPULSE railway power supplies are designed to meet rail-specific standards including EN 50155, EN 45 545-2, EN 61 000-4-2, EN 61 000-4-3, EN 61 000-4-4, EN 61 000-4-5, EN50121-3-2, EN 55022 Class B, RIA 12, IEC 571, IEC 61373 shock/vibration and RIA 13 and RIA 20 mechanical standards.
Please let the company know if you require compliance with any other standards.
Power conversion solutions for industrial applications
ABSOPULSE also designs and manufactures a broad range of power conversion solutions for the automotive, industrial automation, power utilities, mining, marine and telecommunications sectors.
Fill out the enquiry form for more information about ABSOPULSE products.
ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd
- +1 613 836 3511
- +1 613 836 7488
- Absopulse Railway Mobile Extreme Environment Solutions
- +61 2 7200 9200