The leading company in the field of wear out and noise reduction on source ELPA d.o.o. continues its mission in making the life close to railways quieter and peaceful. After the testing phase in Lisbon, the responsible authorities nod to mounting CL-E1 devices in Portugal.
Portuguese rail infrastructure manager REFER Engineering, S.A. (the company name was renamed to Infraestruturas de Portugal, S.A. on the 1st June 2015), who is a state-owned company, granted the certification of validation and acceptance for use of CL-E1 ws device in the Rede Ferroviária Nacional (i.e. National Railway Network) due to results achieved in the testing phase. They concluded that CL-E1 ws device reduce environmental noise and simultaneously decrease the lateral wear of the railhead, which in another proof that speaks in favour of the system efficiency.
CL-E1 systems are being developed all the time based on WONROS (wear out and noise reduction on source) technology what makes them not only green but especially clean.
Elpa produces several types of multi-active CL-E1 wayside device which are highly customisable to customers’ needs and can offer many positive effects such as:
- High frequency noise reduction up to 99.9 % (up to 30dB) of squealing on curved tracks, and on straight tracks in the braking phase of rolling stock
- Reduction of rolling noise
- Wear out reduction of rails: gauge corner cracking (GCC), rolling contact fatigue (RCF), corrugation
- Wear out reduction of wheels
- Driving power consumption reduction up to 15%
- Smoother driving of rolling stock
- Reduction of rail’s life cycle cost (LCC)
- Reduction of wheel’s life cycle cost (LCC)
- High internal rate of return (IRR)
- Increase of property value due to noise reduction
The reason what makes CL-E1 devices so efficient is application ability of CHFC material on the rails. Composite heavily fluid compound (CHFC) materials contains up to 50% solid particles, which is crucial for achieving such a great results and entire development of CL-E1 devices has been adjusted to this kind of material.
The producer of CL-E1 devices, company ELPA d.o.o. has already proved the efficiency and quality of their systems with many awards and certificates which has received:
- Certificate by the UIC Research & Innovation Award for the outstanding contribution to the innovation of the global railway system in the Sustainability category
- Recognition by the International Union of Railways and International Railway Research Board for the significant contribution of Elpa to the innovation of the global railway system
- TÜV SÜD RAIL certificate
- European Business Awards for the Environment
- Management System certification issued by the Bureau Veritas
- Certificate for the winning the Innovation of the 7th Slovenian Innovation Forum
- Certificate of Conformity from Slovenian Institute of Quality and Metrology
English translation of the CERTIFICATE:
CERTIFICATE OF VALIDATION AND ACCEPTANCE
According to the certification process instructed and to the results obtained, REFER ENGINEERING SA., authorised by REDE FERROVIÁRIA NACIONAL – REFER, EPE., hereby grants the certification for use in the Rede Ferroviária Nacional of the:
ELPA Fixed Lubricator, model CL-E1 ws, so as to reduce environmental noise and simultaneously decrease the lateral wear of the railhead.
Any changes to the abovementioned tested equipment must be immediately communicated to REFER ENGINEERING, SA.
This certificate is considered to be valid as long as the conditions referred to in DMS 1739934 006, which led to the certification, and the operating conditions set forth by standard GR.MN.VIA.002 are kept.
REFER ENGINEERING, SA.
ELPA stocks a range of products that are designed to reduce rail wear and noise....
Slovene company ELPA has developed an innovation called i-ROCK, which is an on-board device for locomotives,...
ELPA has developed the new patent-pending on-board wheel flange lubrication system DRYproANNSYS spray system (SS),...