Fire Protection & Safety in Tunnels 2015 23-24 September
The seventh annual Fire Protection and Safety in Tunnels conference will once again take place in Norway, this time in Sandvika, conveniently located in the outskirts of Oslo.
This year’s programme will be mainly focused on the practical implementation of Tunnel Safety standards and norms. Our group of high-calibre speakers will provide their expert insight throughout a series of well-prepared presentations and panel discussions.
This is a key time to attend; Torban Holvad, economic adviser from the European Railway Agency, will be returning this year due to popular demand to share his knowledge on the economic impacts of TSI directives.
Attendees will also have the exclusive opportunity to discover one of the longest sub-tunnels in Europe on our NEW night site visit on the evening of 22 September.
Key 2015 topics include:
- Experience with EU directives, national standards, refurbishment works and tunnel upgrades
- Improving further cooperation on emergency response in tunnels
- Presenting real-life experience of investigating accidents and incidents in railway tunnels, including the Channel Tunnel
Confirmed Speakers for 2015 include:
- Torban Holvad: European Railway Agency
- Gunnar Gjaeringen: senior principal engineer, Norwegian Tunneling Society
- Marius Hofseth: tunnel safety officer Norwegian Public Roads Administration
- Paul Bryant: author and fire strategist
- Gunnar D Jenssen: senior research scientist, SINTEF
- David Whittaker: delivery manager central, Thames Tideway Tunnel
Places are strictly limited so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment:
Book Today Quote Ref: MK-OAP