Axiomtek Introduces tBOX322-882-FL, a EN50155 Certified Intel Core-based Railway Fanless Embedded System
Axiomtek, one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of innovative, high performance and reliable PC-based industrial computer products, has launched tBOX322-882-FL, its fanless railway-embedded PC, based on the 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 or i3 processor, with wide temperature capability from -40°C to 70°C.
Certified with EN50155, EN50121, and complying with the railway vehicles fire protection standard PrCEN TS 45545-2, the high-computing embedded system is well suited for IoT & M2M-related applications, such as onboard devices control, train management, security surveillance, and rolling stock environments.
To keep all cables tightly secured, the tBOX322-870-FL has standard M12 connectors for Ethernet ports, USB ports, power input, and audio ports. What is notable is that the graphics performance is now up to two times higher than previous generation, with the latest quad core processor allowing for faster and better information display.
"The Axiomtek tBOX322-882-FL, equipped with a rich I/O interface, including isolated DIO, COM and LAN ports, fulfils the highest requirements in railway applications. It can be applied to passenger infotainment, train operating control, security surveillance and many more.
"In particular, three embedded PCI Express Mini Card slots and two SIM card holders offer extensive expansion to 3G/4G, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth applications. Two lockable and removable SATA HDD drive bays are easily accessible from the front and is vibration assistant. Its significant anti-vibration design can endure up to 5Grms (with CFast™) and 3Grms (with HDD)," said Jerry Huang, product manager of the Product Marketing Division at Axiomtek.
The powerful and reliable railway box PC comes with onboard DDR3L 4 GB system memory, as well as one swappable 2.5" SATA HDD and one CFast™ socket, so as to highly enhance its performance and storage capacity.
The ruggedized and extreme compact design railway computer tBOX322-882-FL features user-friendly I/O design, such as four Gigabit Ethernet ports, two isolated COM ports, one isolated DI/DO port, one USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, three audio, one HDMI, one DVI-D, one VDC power input, one remote power switch, one reset switch, one 2.5in SATA drive tray, one CFast™ socket, two SIM card sockets and four antenna openings.
Axiomtek’s high performance railway embedded computer tBOX322-882-FL is going to be available in May, 2015. More intelligent embedded systems for transportation, energy-saving & utility and automation are also accessible on our global website.
- EN50155, EN50121 certificates for rolling stock transportation application
- Fanless with operating temperature range of -40°C to 70°C (EN50155 class TX)
- Comply to fire protection of railway vehicles Europe standard PrCEN TS 45545-2
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 1.7 GHz up to 3.3 GHz or Intel® Core™ i3 1.7 GHz processor (Haswell)
- High performance DDR3L-1600 4 GB memory onboard
- Lockable I/O interface and M12 type Gigabit LAN, audio, power and USB 2.0 connectors
- Isolated RS-232/422/485 and DIO ports
- Supports USB 3.0 and SATA3 interface
- 1 removable and lockable 2.5in SATA HDD and 1 CFast™
- 3 internal PCI Express Mini Card slot and 2 SIM slots
- Suspension designed for HDD