Above Floor Lifting System Introduced by Vector Lifting
The Above Floor Lifting System has been developed by Vector Lifting to assist in the maintenance of electrical multiple units (EMU).
The ALS was developed to reduce the civil construction requirements within the maintenance facility. The ALS has been found to reduce time taken by maintenance crews to complete scheduled tasks due to ease of access to major components.
The lifting rails that support the bogies remain flush with the existing workshop floor when the system is not in use. When an EMU is raised spring loaded covers are used to ensure a flat trafficable floor within the facility.
The ALS is an above-ground unit, which is capable of lifting a single car or a multiple group configuration in a synchronised lifts. The ALS can be designed to operate with multiple different rail cars to increase the efficiency and safety of servicing the entire fleet.
Above Floor Lifting System features:
- Multiple car lift configuration to suit the maintenance depot requirements
- No requirement for extensive civil works reducing the construction time and maintenance requirements
- Height of lift customised to customer requirements
- Mobile body support claw to engage with multiple EMUs
- Radio control or fixed position operation
- Load detection
- Captive key for additional safety
- Complete turnkey products
Standard safety features include:
- Self-locking lifting spindle
- Lift synchronisation
- Lift nut wear limit detection
- Full capacity secondary safety nut
- Lowering obstruction detection
- Lift and lower travel limits
- Lifting claw extension and retraction limits