Eurotech a leading supplier of embedded technologies, products, and systems, today announces the ZyWAN G9 cellular router offering data solutions to 3G, CDMA and GSM/GPRS cellular networks. The rugged ZyWAN G9 provides real-time access and location-based information to any ethernet, 802.11 or serial device for mobile and fixed data applications.
Customers can tailor the Eurotech ZyWAN G9 for use in any wireless carrier’s service area through secure, approved USB cellular adapters for a global cellular platform. Some target applications include mobile and field force automation, SCADA and telemetry, security, point of sale and Internet access as a wi-fi hotspot or wired connection.
Key features of the ZyWAN G9 include:
- Simple over-the-air WEB GUI interface for configuration
- Multiple interface connectivity via four serial ports, dual ethernet, wi-fi support
- VPN, firewall, DHCP, DNS and NAT routing capabilities
- GPS receiver functionality optional
- Network flexibility, with carrier-approved USB cellular adapters
- Ready for programming in a Linux OS, J2ME (IBMJ9) Java virtual machine, and OSGI (Eclipse) framework
“With the ZyWAN G9, Eurotech is able to better meet customer data needs by offering flexible options in cellular carriers, technologies and interfaces,” said Kurt Hochanadel, wireless product manager for Eurotech. “Now, ZyWAN users simply go to their carrier of choice, lock the USB into the ZyWAN G9, and their data connection is up and running.”
The ZyWAN G9 is available now.