Zetica Rail Announces the Launch of the RASC
Zetica Rail is pleased to announce the immediate availability of a new asset management inspection system, the Railway Asset Scanning Car (RASC).
The RASC is a multi-sensor hy-rail vehicle-based system comprising industry leading laser scanning, rail radar and video inspection systems. RASC allows simultaneous monitoring of above and below-ground railway assets at speeds of up to 50kph (30mph). The benefits of the system are to:
- Provide route managers and maintenance engineers with an integrated data solution to efficiently plan route strategies and work strategies.
- Maximise track time – a wealth of linked information is delivered in a single pass.
- Generate exception reports for trackbed condition, ballast quality, structural clearances, track centres, ballast profiles and changes in the surface asset register.
- Deliver results in customised formats to synchronise with existing management processes.
- Mount sensors on most hy-rail vehicles.
Asger Eriksen, CEO of Zetica said, “The RASC is the first fully integrated laser, GPR and video hy-rail solution to be offered to track engineers and planners. The system builds on the collective experience of Zetica and our partners L-Kopia and Rail Vision, each collecting thousands of kilometres of data and delivering user-friendly results which management can utilise straightaway. The system is proven in the UK and we look forward to rolling the service out worldwide.”